Vision 2025 for resurgent Railways to be finalised: LaluFebruary 26th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): Railways Minister Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said that a Vision 2025 document would be finalized within six months to sustain the magical turnaround in Railways performance.
The document will set forth targets for the coming 17 years for operational performance and upgradation of services. It will also have a detailed action plan for achieving the stipulated targets and necessary investment plans thereof.
Reiterating the commitment for passengers amenities, he said the proposed document would also contain details of customer-centric modern passenger services and various freight schemes to sharpen the competitive edge of the Railways.
Route wise planning would be done to reduce traffic bottlenecks, expand the network and modernize the Railways.
Passenger services will be governed by two words - comfort and convenience, he said.
A multi-departmental innovation promotion group will also be set up in the Railway Board. All Railway employees and citizens will be able to send their innovative suggestions to this group.
Lalu Prasad expressed the hope that proposed initiatives would inspire the Railway management and its employees to undertake new experiments and would lay a solid foundation for a resurgent Railway. (ANI)
- Finnair introduces special facilities at 13 airports - Nov 05, 2011
- Railways mulling passenger fare hike - Sep 04, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee, Lalu Prasad beg to differ on rail budget (Lead) - Jul 03, 2009
- Mumbai elevated rail corridor may become a reality - Mar 14, 2012
- Railways 'below par' during Lalu era: Banerjee (Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- Rail ministry paper questions turnaround story under Lalu Prasad - Dec 18, 2009
- Hike in Railway fares not a solution, says Mamata Banerjee - Dec 19, 2009
- Tata Chemicals re-brands global subsidiaries - Apr 01, 2011
- Reliance Communications now has 100 mn subscribers - Mar 15, 2010
- Mamata, Lalu slugfest over rail budget (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2009
- India's rail budget raises fares, focuses on safety (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2012
- Industry welcomes rail fare hike - Mar 14, 2012
- Budget pro-people, projects for all parts of India: Mamata - Feb 25, 2011
- Now call to book train tickets - Oct 19, 2011
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: 17 years, amenities, competitive edge, initiatives, innovation promotion, lalu prasad, necessary investment, New Delhi, operational performance, promotion group, railway board, railway employees, railway management, railways, six months, solid foundation, traffic bottlenecks, turnaround, upgradation, vision 2025