Vishwa Hindu Parishad terms Naveen Patnaik as ”anti-Hindu”March 9th, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneshwar, Mar 9 (ANI): Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) President Ashok Singhal on Monday accused Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of being anti-Hindu after his fallout with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state.
Singhal said that Patnaik is anti-Hindu and this is the reason for his fallout with BJP.
“I never expected him to act in this manner. I never expected that he would fool Hindus like this,” said Singhal addressing a news conference here.
The BJP on Saturday withdrew support to Patnaik’’s Biju Janata Dal (BJD) following breakdown of seat-sharing talks for the forthcoming state assembly and parliamentary elections. The BJP and BJD had jointly contested the 2004 polls.
Naveen Patnaik is to prove majority in the state assembly on March 11.
Orissa will hold a two-phase poll on April 16 and April 23 simultaneously for the 21 parliamentary seats and the 147 state assembly seats.
In the 147-member state assembly, BJD has 61 seats while BJP has 30. Congress party has 38 deputies and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) has four.
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the National Congress Party (NCP) have one each besides eight independents. (ANI)
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Congress never cared for poor but enriched itself, says Gadkari - Jan 17, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik sworn in as Orissa Chief Minister - May 21, 2009
- BJP rules out poll pact with BJD - Oct 31, 2011
- BJD to field Dilip Tirkey for Rajya Sabha - Mar 16, 2012
- Patnaik slams petrol price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- Patnaik asked to prove majority Wednesday - Mar 08, 2009
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik re-elected BJD chief - Jan 23, 2010
- Vote for party's Rajya Sabha candidates, BJD tells legislators - Jun 13, 2010
- Protests as Orissa text brackets JMM with Maoists (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- BJD not to support Congress, BJP govt. at Centre - May 16, 2009
- BJD-BJP split changes equations, Left pushes for Third Front (Roundup) - Mar 08, 2009
- Congress backs Orissa businessman for Rajya Sabha - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: ashok singhal, assembly seats, bhubaneshwar, biju, bjd, bjp, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, janata party, jharkhand, jmm, member state, national congress party, orissa, parliamentary elections, parliamentary seats, state assembly, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad