Visa cardholders can now reload their Smart Tags automaticallyJanuary 7th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
Delhi/Gurgaon, Jan.7 (ANI): Visa and Delhi Gurgaon SuperConnectivity Ltd. (DGSCL) have introduced a Standing Instruction (SI) facility that enables motorists to reload their Smart Tags automatically using their Visa credit cards.
This will be convenient for motorists as the Smart Tags can be programmed to automatically reload when the stored value decreases to a specified level. This amount would be deducted from the customers Visa credit card and reflected in their monthly statement.
Smart Tags are electronic devices that can interact with the sensors at toll gates to facilitate the debit of toll amounts from the stored value in the Smart Tag. There is no direct contact between the Smart Tag and the toll gate sensors and all communication takes place wirelessly. Smart Tags were introduced on the Delhi Gurgaon Expressway six months ago to allow motorists to travel non-stop through the toll plaza and have been installed on 75,000 vehicles to date.
There is no additional cost to register for the SI facility and interested Smart Tag users only need to register for this service once at the toll plaza office.
Uttam Nayak, Country Manager, India, Visa said, The Delhi Gurgaon Expressway SI service is an example of the innovative thinking that lies behind our products and solutions. With this service, we are tapping into an opportunity to extend the benefits of electronic payments in a manner that directly contributes to the everyday convenience of our cardholders. Motorists can experience cashless payments resulting in uninterrupted journeys on the highway, saving them time and bringing about added flexibility to their schedules.
Sachin Sharma, Vice President - Operations, DSC Ltd said, The Delhi Gurgaon SuperConnectivity Ltd operates one of Asias largest 32 lane toll plaza with average traffic of over 180,000 vehicles per day of which 75,000 vehicles use the Smart Tag facility. With the introduction of the Smart Tags, our customers do not need to queue up at the Toll Plaza for cash payments. Through our association with Visa, motorists can now directly use their Visa credit cards for reloading value on their Smart Tag every time it goes down to a certain level. Our motorists can now truly experience the convenience and comfort of traveling on this world-class expressway.
To promote the service, all motorists who register their Visa credit cards for the Standing Instruction facility can take part in a Best Slogan competition and stand a chance at winning a Hyundai Verna. Motorists will need to craft a slogan that best captures how the SI facility has eased their travel experience on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway in less than 20 words. Entry forms can be picked up from the Toll Plaza, available when they first register their Visa credit card or online at http://www.dgexpressway.com/dgscl/index.html . This promotion will run until 31 March 2009.(ANI)
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- Jam free traffic promised on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Sep 19, 2012
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Top cop who took on Gurgaon toll plaza transferred - Sep 18, 2012
- Toll rates hiked on Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway - Apr 01, 2010
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- Gurgaon toll plaza attendant's killers held, pistol untraced - Sep 26, 2011
- Protest in Chhattisgarh capital against toll plaza - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: direct contact, electronic devices, electronic payments, gurgaon, india visa, innovative thinking, jan 7, journeys, motorists, nayak, sensors, smart tag, smart tags, tag facility, toll gates, uttam, vice president operations, visa cardholders, visa credit card, visa credit cards