Vintage cars grace Mumbai’s streetsFebruary 24th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 24 (ANI): For car lovers it was a day out when vintage and classic beauties rolled out on the streets of Mumbai on Sunday during the annual 21st Haig-VCCCI Vintage Car and Motor Cycle Fiesta.
The event was organised by the Vintage and Classic Car Club of India (VCCCI), India’s official body for vintage motor vehicles in association with the Western India Automobile Association and Mumbai Traffic Police.
The rally witnessed (pre-1940), Classics (1941-1970), Modern classics (up to 2008) cars and motorbikes.
The cars covered a distance of roughly 40 kilometres.
“We have received more than two hundred entries and it’s an Indian record. You can expect in the future a few more rallies. We are coming out with an International Rally next year and it will be good,” said Nitin Dosa, Chairman Events, the Vintage & Classic Car Club of India (VCCCI).
Timeless beauties from Bentley, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Range Rover, Porsche, Ferrari and Audi crossed the streets, travelling back in time.
The motorbikes displayed in the rally enthralled the audience.
For vintage car Aficionado it was a great event that took them to a trip down memory lane.
“The car I’m driving now is a hundred year old car which I bought from the Nawab (Head of a princely state) of Jasdanwalla. This car was especially made for him,” said Abbas Jasdanwalla, a Contestant from Mumbai.
Riding high in spirits, the elated participants think that vintage cars have their own elegance and beauty that can’t be replaced by any new model.
“Well, I think the vintage cars are all about fashion, heritage and legacy and I think it’s such a wonderful effort by ‘Haig’, which stands for 400 years of heritage and history,” said Gul Panag, a Bollywood Actress.
Showcasing the best of the bygone era, the rally provided a glimpse of the best vintage collections that left the audience spellbound. (ANI)
- Mumbai hosts grand rally of vintage cars - Apr 05, 2009
- Yesteryears' beauties roll out for water onservation (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Vintage car rally captivates Delhi - Feb 26, 2011
- Vintage cars charm Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Vintage cars roll out on the streets of Bangalore - Dec 20, 2009
- Vintage cars roll out on the streets of Delhi - Feb 28, 2010
- Vintage car rally takes Delhiites down memory lane - Oct 31, 2010
- Vintage vehicles spread save water message in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- Vintage cars adorn Delhi roads - Feb 28, 2010
- Classic beauties grab eyeballs at Autojumble - Jan 30, 2011
- Late Gayatri Devi's car steals vintage car rally in Jaipur - Feb 14, 2010
- Vintage car rally enthralls Delhiites - Feb 13, 2011
- Pre-F1 parade to showcase Gandhi's car, vintage beauties - Oct 25, 2011
- Royal carriers from Ayodhya to Baroda to charm Auto Expo - Jan 04, 2010
- Ex-cricketers Kapil Dev, Bishen Bedi flag off vintage car rally in Delhi - Jan 25, 2009
Tags: 1940, 1941, automobile association, car lovers, classic beauties, classic car club, fiesta, haig, international rally, kilometres, modern classics, motor cycle, motor vehicles, mumbai, rallies, traffic police, vintage car, vintage cars, vintage motor, western india