Vinod Khanna campaigns in a trainApril 28th, 2009 - 1:05 pm ICT by ANI
Gurdaspur (Punjab), Apr 28 (ANI): Ahead of the last three phases of general elections, the nominees of various parties are trying to woo the voters with every possible trick up their sleeves.
For instance, the actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna and a candidate of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Gurdaspur in Punjab campaigned in a train.The veteran actor has been elected thrice from the Gurdaspur constituency as BJP’s nominee.
Khanna said that he canvassed for votes by travelling in a train since he was keen to learn about the grievances of the commuters.
“I wanted to know how is the train service from Pathankot to Amritsar, whether it’s good or not. When I asked people about the service, they said its okay, but they need more trains. I also wanted to see whether the train services are satisfactory or not,” he said.
Meanwhile, in Mumbai, look-alikes of various Bollywood actors campaigned for Abu Asim Azmi, the candidate of the Samajwadi Party (SP) from North-West Mumbai.
However, Azmi could not be spotted in this mode of campaign.
The look-alikes were seen dancing to the tunes of Hindi movies music, which left the crowd enthralled. (ANI)
- Salman Khan campaigns for Vinod Khanna - Apr 09, 2009
- Prominent candidates in Punjab assembly polls - Jan 28, 2012
- Punjab dissolves all improvement trusts - Jul 11, 2012
- Third front not a viable alternative: Modi - May 08, 2009
- Three-time MP Vinod Khanna seeks an encore - May 10, 2009
- MCD poll fever peaks on last day of campaign - Apr 13, 2012
- AIADMK announces deal with DMDK, new list of candidates - Mar 21, 2011
- Thousands cheer for Salman Khan as he campaigns in Maharashtra - Apr 19, 2009
- Akali Dal-BJP government has pushed Punjab back: Sonia - Jan 24, 2012
- Punjab village mourns its son who never returned - Dec 04, 2011
- BJP unites to defeat Reddy brothers in Bellary - Nov 17, 2011
- With Bellary win, rebel Reddy brothers show BJP their clout - Dec 04, 2011
- Campaign ends for third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 25, 2011
- Officials shifted in Punjab's Gurdaspur after violence - Mar 31, 2012
- Don't use animals in campaigning, says Maharashtra poll panel - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: actor turned politician, asim, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bollywood actors, campaigns, commuters, constituency, crowd, general elections, grievances, hindi movies, look alikes, pathankot, Samajwadi Party, train service, train services, tunes, veteran actor, vinod khanna