Vijay Jolly offers prayers for victoryNovember 19th, 2008 - 9:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 19 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate, Vijay Jolly, contesting against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, from New Delhi Assembly constituency offered prayers for his victory here today.
Jolly, after offering prayers told reporters that he sought God’’s blessings to solve drinking water crisis of the people of the constituency.
“I have prayed Hanumanji to give sense to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and bless me with enough courage to solve drinking water problem of the people of New Delhi (assembly constituency),” said Jolly.
All 70-Assembly seats of Delhi will go to polls on November 29 and counting of votes will take place on December 08.
Ruling Congress party, hit by inflation and perceived as having weak government leadership, has been losing ground to the BJP in elections in various states over the last year.
These Assembly elections in Delhi and five other states are expected to be a run down to the forthcoming General Elections in early 2009 that would test the political temperature in the country. (ANI)
- Courts rejects BJP legislator's plea in Dikshit case - Apr 19, 2012
- Court to hear plea against Dikshit March 29 - Mar 06, 2012
- 'Clarify on withdrawal of case against Sheila Dikshit' - Mar 29, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Prosecution is under pressure from Dikshit, says Jolly - Mar 01, 2012
- Court allows withdrawal of case against Dikshit - May 09, 2012
- Court reserves order in case against Dikshit - Apr 09, 2012
- Ban book on Gandhi: BJP leader - Apr 01, 2011
- BJP, police clash again at Jantar Mantar (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Fake marks-sheet case: Congress legislator offers to resign - Mar 06, 2012
- Protesting BJP workers taken into custody - Aug 11, 2011
- BJP demonstrates against water shortage - May 06, 2010
- Civic polls: Did trifurcation move boomerang? - Apr 17, 2012
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, assembly seats, bharatiya janata party, blessings, chief minister, congress party, constituency, courage, drinking water, general elections, government leadership, inflation, losing ground, New Delhi, political temperature, prayers, sheila dikshit, vijay, water crisis, water problem