Vidya Balan in search of ”roles of substance”October 5th, 2008 - 10:05 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Oct 5 (ANI): Bollywood actor Vidya Balan spoke about her upcoming projects and the current genre of film making at a jewellery show in Pune on Saturday night.
Balan who marked her presence at the jewellery show appreciating the young genre of film directors said that the Indian cinema is a lot about experimenting these days and she would like to be cast in a ”different kind of role”.
She had shot to fame and won the best Filmfare Debut award and Face of the Year for the critically acclaimed Bollywood film ”Parineeta” in 2006.
Today, Vidya Balan who is skirting many controversies and questions including those revolving around her career and love life said that she is restricting herself to the roles of substance these days.
Her film ”Lage Raho Munnabhai” which was a runaway success further established her as a talented actress.
While speaking to the media during the show she spoke at length about her criteria of signing a film.
The role that I choose to play has to be the role that is very integral to the film. It has to be role of a substance not like that you cut the role from the film and still the film progresses. If it is this kind of the role then I don”t think there is any use doing it. The role has to require me and it has to be a special story, because these days there are a lot of people experimenting with different subjects. I think it is a great time for Indian cinema, said Balan.
However some of her films like ”Guru”, ”Salaam-e-Ishq” and ”Eklavya” which was also India’’s official entries to the Oscars in 2007 were not fruitful in furthering her career as an actress but the actress seemed upbeat about her next film ”Ishq Kiya”.
All my films will release next year. One is Ishq Kiya in which I play the lead role and will start shooting for it very soon. I don”t want to comment more about this film because I am yet to start shooting for it, said Balan.
Though her films like ”Halla Bol” and ”Eklavya” won her critical acclaim as an actress but were a failure at the box-office.
With just a few hits in her kitty Vidya Balan is hoping that her upcoming film ”Ishq Kiya” will revive her sagging career. (ANI)
- The uniqueness of being Vidya Balan - Mar 24, 2011
- Simpleton to sexy siren: Vidya Balan goes ooh la la! - Aug 31, 2011
- Vidya should avoid pitfall of doing central parts: Shabana - Mar 21, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' required me to be unapologetic: Vidya - Nov 21, 2011
- Vidya Balan Speaks About Being The Modern Day Woman - Dec 15, 2010
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- The bold, naughty Bollywood heroine comes of age - Nov 18, 2011
- Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya - May 30, 2012
- Playing pregnant woman was cakewalk for Vidya - Jan 11, 2012
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Aladdin' flopped as I failed to tell a story: Sujoy Ghosh - Feb 10, 2012
- Vidya Balan retrospective at Indian film fest in Oz - Mar 13, 2011
- I'll definitely marry, but not thinking about it now: Vidya - Jan 06, 2012
- Nikhil Advani dedicates 'Delhi Safari' to daughter - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: bollywood actor, controversies, face of the year, film directors, filmfare, great time, guru, indian cinema, jewellery show, lead role, love life, munnabhai, oct 5, oscars, parineeta, runaway success, saturday night, talented actress, vidya balan, year one