Vice President, PM greet nation ahead of Id-ul-ZuhaDecember 8th, 2008 - 2:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today greeted the nation ahead of the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-Zuha which is being celebrated to mark the supreme sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim and also coincides with the Haj Pilgrimage.
In his message, the Vice President said that this festival celebrates the spirit of sacrifice shown by Prophet Ibrahim and reaffirms faith in the allegiance of man to God. The joy of sharing and charity associated with this festival promotes the feeling of compassion and love to serve the poor and the needy.
“May this festival unite us all in a spirit of common brotherhood to serve the cause of humanity,” he added.
In a message, the Prime Minister said “It is a festival hailing the sacrifice of self and ego to the almighty. The festival lays great emphasis on charity and empathy for the needy and the underprivileged.
“On this occasion, reaffirm our resolve to further strengthen the spirit of brotherhood, unity of our cultural bonds and national integration,” he added. (ANI)
- Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India today - Nov 17, 2010
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Id-ul-Zuha - Nov 27, 2009
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, vice-president greet nation on Bakr Eid - Nov 27, 2009
- Prayers, sacrifice on Eid-ul-Zuha in Andhra Pradesh - Nov 07, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
- Kerala Muslims celebrate Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Eid-ul-Zuha celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM, vice president greet nation on Christmas (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistan celebrates Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- PM greets nation on occasion of Christmas - Dec 24, 2010
- President, PM greet citizens on Eid - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: allegiance, auspicious occasion, bonds, brotherhood, charity, compassion, dr manmohan singh, ego, empathy, haj pilgrimage, hamid ansari, id ul zuha, manmohan, manmohan singh, national integration, New Delhi, prime minister, prophet ibrahim, resolve, supreme sacrifice