Vice President Hamid Ansari offers prayer at Hazratbal shrine in SrinagarNovember 25th, 2007 - 6:45 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, Nov 25 (ANI): Vice President Muhammad Hamid Ansari is on a two-day visit to Srinagar, and on Sunday he offered prayers at the famous shrine of Hazratbal, which is situated on the banks of the Dal Lake.
This is his first visit to the Valley after becoming the Vice President of the country, earlier this year.
Accompanied with his wife, Salma Ansari, the Vice President took a keen interest in the beautification and restoration work being carried out of the shrine.
He said that it was a nice experience visiting the shrine.
Earlier, in the day, the Vice President was accorded a warm welcome and was received by Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt. Gen. (Retired) S K Sinha, Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Chairman of the Legislative Council, Ghulam Nabi Lone and senior officials from the State Administration, army and police.
A guard of honour was also presented to him.
Ansari is scheduled to address the 4th Convocation of the Sher-i-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology. (ANI)
- Boost for research in mental health, neuro-sciences - Jan 20, 2012
- Medicines, surgery material airlifted to Kashmir - Aug 13, 2010
- PM arrives in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2010
- Kashmir reverberates with prayers on Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- BJP leaders visit Kashmir's Hazratbal shrine - Apr 14, 2011
- PM begins two-day visit to Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- Indira Gandhi's birth anniversary celebrated - Nov 19, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Kashmir today - Jun 07, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to undertake two-day Kashmir visit from Monday - Jun 06, 2010
- 70,000 faithful throng Hazratbal shrine (With Images) - Feb 10, 2012
- Trooper shot, injured by militants in Kashmir - Oct 14, 2011
- Sheikh Abdullah's 30th death anniversary passes almost unnoticed - Sep 08, 2012
- Thousands offer prayers at Valley's Hazratbal shrine - Feb 16, 2011
- PM begins Kashmir visit amid shutdown (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- Is Azad opposing his own policy of amnesty to Kashmiri militants? (News Analysis) - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: agricultural sciences, ansari, azad, beautification, chief minister, convocation, ghulam nabi, guard of honour, hamid, jammu and kashmir, keen interest, legislative council, restoration work, senior officials, sher, srinagar, state administration, vice president, warm welcome