Vice President Hamid Ansari inaugurates exhibition on occasion of CWGSeptember 30th, 2010 - 10:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 30 (ANI): Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari inaugurated an exhibition entitled “Commonwealth: Upholding Sporting Tradition and Sporting Spirit” at National Archives of India here on Thursday, which will remain open for public viewing till October 15.
Organised by the National Archives of India on the occasion of the XIX Commonwealth Games, the exhibition is based on
historical records, rare photographs and contemporary material, showcases the genesis and growth of ‘Commonwealth Movement’
and ‘India’s historical relationship with Member States and the Commonwealth’.
It highlights not only the concept of the ‘Commonwealth Movement’ with special reference to India, but also games and sports of India and our underlying sporting spirit.
India’s sporting tradition and the role of youth has been highlighted through archival documents.
Special features of the exhibition are documents highlighting the rich and glorious heritage of Delhi especially the historical monuments and sporting venues. (ANI)
- Lion's share for Indira Gandhi centre, ASI in culture funds - Feb 28, 2011
- Magnificent ceremony brings curtains down on 2010 C'wealth Games in Delhi - Oct 14, 2010
- 17 Delhi monuments will continue to shine at night - Oct 15, 2010
- People must preserve rich legacy of Delhi: Manmohan Singh - Sep 27, 2010
- India celebrates with aplomb successful completion of Delhi Commonwealth Games - Oct 15, 2010
- India needs its own culture of strategic thought: Ansari - Oct 22, 2011
- Vice President congratulates Team India on World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- Exhibition at Royal Opera House telling stories behind the Olympics - Jul 28, 2012
- India's rich cultural canvas forms an important part of global cultural heritage: President Patil - Sep 28, 2010
- Arts, sports bring best of India to Delhi's culture street - Oct 11, 2010
- Commonwealth art: Diverse style, similar sensibilities - Sep 29, 2010
- Commonwealth Games: India wins silver, bronze in weightlifting - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Delhinama' to tell city's history during CWG - Sep 24, 2010
- Tennis: Bopanna, Sanjeev lose to Rodionova, Hanley of Australia - Oct 04, 2010
- Games a 'proud moment' for Indians, says PM (Lead) - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: archival documents, commonwealth games, cwg, exhibition, genesis, glorious heritage, historical monuments, member states, national archives, national archives of india, New Delhi, president mohammad, public viewing, rare photographs, relationship, showcases, special features, spirit, tradition, vice president