Vice President condoles demise of BommaiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
As Chief Minister and Union Minister, he said, “Bommai made valuable contributions for the development of our country.”
The country has lost an eminent public personality who shall always be remembered, stated in the message.
Bommai died after a prolonged illness on Wednesday. He was 84.
He is survived by two sons - Janta Dal (United) MLC Basa-varaj Bommai and industrialist Mahesh Bommai, and two daughters - Girija and Uma.
Bommai was native of Hubballi. He was elected to Karnataka Legislative assembly many times from Hubli rural constituency. He was President of All India Progressive JD Party.
He played role in unification of parts of Karnataka, which had been divided into Mysore kingdom, Bombay Presidency and Madras Presidency, during rule of British before independence of India on 15 August 1947. (ANI)
- Karnataka crisis: nine ministers withdraw resignations (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Karnataka BJP crisis persists, scene shifts to Delhi (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Nine Karnataka ministers withdraw resignations (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- BJP emissary in Bangalore to save government (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Crisis in Karnataka BJP worsens - May 10, 2012
- Karnataka for new formula for Cauvery water sharing - Sep 11, 2012
- Vice President Ansari condoles Congress leader Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
- Karnataka BJP split wide open (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Most Karnataka BJP rebels boycott assembly - Mar 20, 2012
- Karnataka Govt. to challenge Krishna tribunal order in Supreme Court - Feb 25, 2011
- President condoles Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Karnataka crisis subsides, nine ministers withdraw resignations (Third Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Vice President condoles death of Dr. Arjun Kumar Sengupta - Sep 26, 2010
- Quit now or face expulsion, BJP tells Yeddyurappa (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: ansari, bombay presidency, chief minister, condolence message, former union, hubli, humanist, India, industrialist, karnataka, legislative assembly, madras presidency, mahesh, mlc, mysore, par excellence, parliamentarian, public personality, union minister, vice president