Vice President condoles death of Dr. Arjun Kumar SenguptaSeptember 26th, 2010 - 10:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep.26 (ANI): Vice President M. Hamid Ansari here on Sunday condoled the demise of Dr. Arjun Kumar Sengupta while remembering him as a developmental economist who worked as a guiding force to provide minimum social security for all unorganized workers.
In his condolence message, the Vice President, said: “I am deeply grieved to learn about the sad demise of Dr. Arjun Kumar Sengupta, Member of Parliament.”
“Dr. Sengupta was a well known developmental economist and a diplomat who served in various capacities within the Government and many international organisations.”
“He will always be remembered for his contributions when he served as Special Secretary to the Prime Minister, Ambassador of India to the European Union, Member, Planning Commission and Chairman, National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganized Sector.”
Dr. Arjun Sengupta’s Report on the unorganized sector is a guiding force to provide minimum social security for all unorganised workers.
“Dr. Sengupta’s studies have also reflected cross-linkages between extreme poverty and the downtrodden. His dedication, sense of public service and honesty serve as an inspiration to all,” the message stated.
“My wife joins me in sending our heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family and the wide circle of his admirers and friends and pray to the Almighty to give them the strength to withstand this loss,” the Vice President Hamid Ansari’s message further stated. (ANI)
- Noted developmental economist Arjun Sengupta dead - Sep 27, 2010
- Rajya Sabha adjourned in memory of Arjun Sengupta - Nov 09, 2010
- YSR will be remembered for his personal qualities and modesty: Ansari - Sep 03, 2009
- Former union minister Digvijay Singh passes away - Jun 24, 2010
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Vice President, PM condole Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Prime Minister, Vice President condoles passing away of former Speaker Bali Ram Bhagat - Jan 02, 2011
- Vice President Ansari condoles death of K M Mathew - Aug 02, 2010
- Vice President condoles YSR Reddy's death - Sep 03, 2009
- President, Vice President condole demise of Pandit Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 24, 2011
- Vice President Ansari condoles Congress leader Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
- CWC condoles Arjun Singh's demise, describes him a symbol of secular values - Mar 05, 2011
- President, PM condole death of Dorjee Khandu (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- ID cards sought for sex workers - Sep 06, 2011
- Vice President Ansari condoles death of former Kerala CM Karunakaran - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: admirers, ambassador, arjun kumar, arjun sengupta, bereaved family, condolence message, diplomat, economist, extreme poverty, heartfelt condolences, honesty, international organisations, linkages, member of parliament, New Delhi, planning commission, sad demise, union member, unorganized sector, unorganized workers