Vice President Ansari to visit Kargil SundayJune 20th, 2009 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 20 (IANS) Vice President Hamid Ansari will Sunday visit border posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kargil sector, where Indian and Pakistani forces had engaged in a bitter conflict a decade ago.
Official sources here said Ansari will be accompanied by Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Ansari arrived in Srinagar Saturday on a two-day visit to Kashmir, his first since becoming vice president in 2007. He addressed the 17th convocation of Kashmir University soon after his arrival.
A Pakistani army incursion in Kargil in the summer of 1999 had led to a war-like confrontation between the two nuclear armed neighbours till the situation was defused.
- Vice President Ansari visits Kargil - Jun 21, 2009
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Defence secretary visits LOC in Kashmir - Sep 05, 2011
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- Chidambaram arrives in Srinagar on two-day visit - Jun 20, 2011
- PM arrives in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2010
- President begins Jammu visit (Lead) - Nov 24, 2011
- PM visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Mar 04, 2011
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- President to visit Kashmir - Nov 05, 2011
- Ishar new vice-chancellor of Jammu university - Jan 18, 2012
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- Union home secretary in Kashmir, meets Omar - May 16, 2012
- Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar - Jun 16, 2012
- Indian Army chief urges extra vigil in Kashmir - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: bitter conflict, border posts, chief minister, confrontation, convocation, decade, incursion, jammu and kashmir, kargil sector, kashmir, loc, neighbours, pakistani army, srinagar, vice president, vohra