Vice President Ansari to leave for three-day visit to Kuwait todayApril 6th, 2009 - 11:31 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 6 (ANI): Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will begin his three-day visit to Kuwait from today.
During his visit, Ansari will hold talks with the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al Jaber Al Sabah on a wide range of issues. Welfare of Indian community in Kuwait and fostering greater economic partnership will figure prominently in the talks.
Besides, strengthening cooperation in the energy sector will be focus of his discussions with Kuwaiti leaders.
The Vice President will also address the captains of industry.
Minister of State for Statistics and Programme Implementation G.K. Vasan and a number of senior officials will accompany him.
It is the first high-level visit by an Indian leader after the visit of Emir of Kuwait to India in June 2006. (ANI)
- Vice President Ansari leaves for Kuwait - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari to leave for 3-day visit to Kuwait - Apr 02, 2009
- Half of Kuwait cabinet turns up to receive vice president Ansari - Apr 06, 2009
- India for more anti-terror cooperation with Gulf - Apr 06, 2009
- Hamid Ansari seeks Kuwait's help to tackle terrorism - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari concludes Kuwait visit - Apr 08, 2009
- With economy on mind, Ansari to visit Kuwait - Apr 05, 2009
- Kuwait emir accepts premier's resignation - Jul 01, 2012
- Krishna heads to Kuwait Friday - Feb 24, 2011
- Recession-hit India to tap Kuwait for investment - Apr 02, 2009
- South Korean President to visit UAE Saturday - Mar 11, 2011
- Krishna leaves for Kuwait - Feb 25, 2011
- World leaders condole Saudi prince's death - Jun 17, 2012
- Kuwait's ruler appoints new prime minister - Dec 01, 2011
- First session of Gulf Cooperation Council summit ends - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: al jaber, captains of industry, crown prince, economic partnership, emir of kuwait, energy sector, indian leader, industry minister, jaber al sabah, kuwaiti leaders, minister of state, mohammad hamid ansari, nawaf, New Delhi, president mohammad, senior officials, sheikh, vasan, vice president, welfare