Vice President Ansari to leave for 3-day visit to KuwaitApril 2nd, 2009 - 9:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 2 (ANI): Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari is leaving on a three-day visit to Kuwait on Saturday.
Strengthening cooperation in the energy sector will be focus of his discussions with Kuwaiti leaders.
Ansari will hold talks with the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al Jaber Al Sabah on a wide range of issues. Welfare of Indian community in Kuwait and fostering greater encomic partnership will figure prominently in the talks.
Briefing reporters in New Delhi today, the Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs N. Ravi said Kuwati Ministers for Defence, External Affairs and Finance will call on the Vice President to hold discussions on further expanding and diversifying relations between the two countries.
During his stay there he will also address the captains of industry. This is the first high-level contact between the two governments since 2006. (ANI)
- Vice President Ansari leaves for Kuwait - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari to leave for three-day visit to Kuwait today - Apr 06, 2009
- Half of Kuwait cabinet turns up to receive vice president Ansari - Apr 06, 2009
- Krishna heads to Kuwait Friday - Feb 24, 2011
- India for more anti-terror cooperation with Gulf - Apr 06, 2009
- Krishna leaves for Kuwait - Feb 25, 2011
- With economy on mind, Ansari to visit Kuwait - Apr 05, 2009
- Kuwait emir accepts premier's resignation - Jul 01, 2012
- Hamid Ansari seeks Kuwait's help to tackle terrorism - Apr 06, 2009
- Recession-hit India to tap Kuwait for investment - Apr 02, 2009
- Krishna calls on Kuwait's Deputy Prime Minister - Feb 26, 2011
- Vice President Ansari concludes Kuwait visit - Apr 08, 2009
- Saudi parliamentary delegation in India - May 07, 2012
- Krishna to leave for Kuwait today - Feb 03, 2010
- Krishna to leave for Kuwait on Wednesday - Feb 02, 2010
Tags: al jaber, captains of industry, cooperation, crown prince, energy sector, finance, governments, jaber al sabah, kuwait, kuwaiti leaders, ministry of external affairs, mohammad hamid ansari, nawaf, New Delhi, partnership, president mohammad, ravi, sheikh, vice president, welfare