Vice-President Ansari to inaugurate 4th NE Business Summit tomorrowSeptember 14th, 2008 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 14 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari will inaugurate the 4th North East Business Summit in Guwahati tomorrow.
The two-day summit is being organised by the Department of North East Region, DoNER in collaboration with the Indian Chamber of Commerce, ICC, Kolkata.
The main objective of the summit is to showcase the potential of the NE States and to promote private sector investments.
The fourth summit will primarily focus on sectors such as tourism, food processing, power, infrastructure, information technology, handloom and cottage industries especially in the context of the Look East Policy on trade and investment linkages with ASEAN and SAARC countries.
A special session on “North East on Fast Track - Building International Partnership” with special reference to Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia and Philippines to discuss mutual cooperation will be the main attraction of the Summit.
Governors and Chief Ministers of all NE States are likely to attend. Eight foreign Ambassadors and about 50 foreign delegates will attend the event.
More than 200 private participants from North East region and near about 175 outside the North East region will also participate in the event.
The highlights of the summit include Chief Minister’’s Conclave, International Session with Minister of Commerce of Cambodia, Ambassadors from Thailand, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Czech Republic, Arab League and Bhutan, Special Thai Investment Session, specific sessions on infrastructure, agro and food processing, tourism, IT and skill development, one-to-one discussions among prospective investors (both from Northeast and foreign), banks, government officials, and corporate representatives, State Government investment hubs and an exhibition-showcasing Northeast.
The summit has been brought closer to the people and the Governments in the North East. It is expected that the Summit will focus the problems of the region with greater emphasis and try to find an integrated development programme in line with the “VISION 2020″ document released by the Prime Minister recently.
This year, emphasis has been given on the trade and economic relations of the North East with the neighbours with a focus on the ASEAN countries. (ANI)
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
- Thailand seeks Indian investments - Jan 25, 2012
- US wants close ties with ASEAN - Jul 11, 2012
- Close ASEAN cooperation urged to promote growth (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Russia to be regular at ASEAN summits - Oct 30, 2010
- Vice-President Ansari to inaugurate 4th NE Business Summit today - Sep 15, 2008
- Indian president to visit Laos - Sep 06, 2010
- Myanmar to host Southeast Asian Games - Mar 25, 2012
- The sky is the limit for ASEAN-India cooperation (Comment) - Oct 27, 2010
- PM in Bali, wants stronger ties with ASEAN, Singapore - Nov 17, 2011
- Indian envoy meets Indonesian parliamentary speaker - Jun 12, 2012
- Economic downturn lends urgency to India-ASEAN partnership: Manmohan Singh - Nov 19, 2011
- India, Asean trade to reach $70 bn in 3 years - Feb 22, 2011
- India, ASEAN commerce ministers meet in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- India, Asean want to 'connect' in the physical, virtual world - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: arab league, business summit, chief ministers, corporate representatives, foreign ambassadors, foreign banks, government investment, handloom, indian chamber of commerce, international session, laos vietnam, main objective, malaysia singapore, minister of commerce, mutual cooperation, nepal bhutan, power infrastructure, private sector investments, saarc countries, singapore malaysia