Vice President Ansari condoles death of K M MathewAugust 2nd, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 2 (ANI): Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari has condoled the death of Malayala Manorama Chief Editor K M Mathew, who breathed his last at his residence in Kottayam on Sunday morning.
“I am deeply grieved to learn about the sad demise of K.M.Mathew, a doyen of the Indian press fraternity, who played a key role in making Malayala Manorama one of the major dailies in the country after he became its Chief Editor in 1973,” said Vice President Ansari in his condolence message.
“Mathew had a glorious record of service to the country and the Press He will be remembered for his commitment to the cause of excellence in journalism and for his contributions to promoting the freedom of the press. My wife joins me in sending our heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family,” he added.
The veteran editor had also served as president of Indian Newspaper Society, member of the Press Council, founder member of Indian Press Institute and consultant of International Press Institute.
Mathew was the recipient of Padmabushan in 1998, B D Goenka Award and several other prestigious honours for his distinguished career. (ANI)
- President Patil condoles death of K M Mathew - Aug 01, 2010
- Media mogul K.M. Mathew dies, thousands pay respects (Lead) - Aug 01, 2010
- Mathew championed highest traditions of Indian journalism: PM - Aug 01, 2010
- Media mogul K.M. Mathew was a workaholic till end (Lead Obituary) - Aug 01, 2010
- Media mogul K.M. Mathew passes away at 93 (Obituary) - Aug 01, 2010
- Mathew was doyen of Indian media, says Gadkari - Aug 02, 2010
- Mathew was a pioneer in language media: Soni - Aug 02, 2010
- Malayala Manorama group executive editor elected WAN-IFRA president - Apr 09, 2011
- Thousands attend last rites of K.M. Mathew - Aug 02, 2010
- Maharashtra governor mourns K.M. Mathew's death - Aug 01, 2010
- Doyen of Kerala's media industry K.M. Mathew dies - Aug 01, 2010
- President, Vice President condole demise of Pandit Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 24, 2011
- Vice President Ansari condoles demise of K. Subrahmanyam - Feb 02, 2011
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Vice President Ansari condoles Congress leader Arjun Singh's demise - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: aug 2, bereaved family, chief editor, condolence message, council founder, dailies, doyen, founder member, freedom of the press, glorious record, goenka, heartfelt condolences, indian newspaper society, key role, kottayam, mathew, mohammad hamid ansari, president mohammad, sad demise, society member