Vice President Ansari concludes Kuwait visitApril 8th, 2009 - 8:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr. 8 (ANI): Vice President Hamid Ansari has left for New Delhi after his three-day Kuwait visit during which India and Kuwait decided to take their economic and political ties to a higher level.
Ansari, who became the first top Indian leader to visit Kuwait in last 28 years, sought investment in the energy and infrastructure sectors from Kuwait and other Gulf Cooperation Council members.
On Tuesday, India and Kuwait signed three agreements for cooperation in science and technology, culture and information and education and learning.
On his visit to the oil rich country, Ansari also met the Kuwaiti ruler Sheikh Sabha Al Ahmed and Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf.
Both the sides stressed on the need for sharing experiences in dealing with the current economic meltdown.
Ansari also held talks with top cabinet ministers of Kuwait, including Acting Prime Minister, Minister of Defence, Oil Minister, Finance Minister and Foreign Minister.
Before his departure, Ansari was given a ceremonial send-off by Crown Prince Nawaf, who has accepted an invitation to visit India in near future. (ANI)
- Half of Kuwait cabinet turns up to receive vice president Ansari - Apr 06, 2009
- Hamid Ansari seeks Kuwait's help to tackle terrorism - Apr 06, 2009
- Bahrain's crown prince to visit India - May 29, 2012
- Vice President Ansari to leave for three-day visit to Kuwait today - Apr 06, 2009
- Vice President Ansari leaves for Kuwait - Apr 06, 2009
- India for more anti-terror cooperation with Gulf - Apr 06, 2009
- World leaders condole Saudi prince's death - Jun 17, 2012
- Vice President Ansari to leave for 3-day visit to Kuwait - Apr 02, 2009
- Krishna leaves for Kuwait - Feb 25, 2011
- With economy on mind, Ansari to visit Kuwait - Apr 05, 2009
- Krishna heads to Kuwait; Indo-Arab conclave in Delhi - Feb 01, 2010
- Krishna heads to Kuwait Friday - Feb 24, 2011
- India, Qatar sign oil pact, discuss Indians' welfare (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- India to draw up action plan to boost trade with Kuwait - Mar 06, 2011
- Recession-hit India to tap Kuwait for investment - Apr 02, 2009
Tags: 28 years, al ahmed, cabinet ministers, council members, crown prince, economic meltdown, finance minister, foreign minister, gulf cooperation council, hamid ansari, indian leader, infrastructure sectors, kuwaiti ruler, minister of defence, New Delhi, oil minister, political ties, sabha, science and technology, technology culture