Vicar ends up in hospital after potato gets stuck in his bottomNovember 1st, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 1 (ANI): A vicar ended up visiting a hospital for help after a potato got stuck in his bottom, causing him great agony.
According to the clergyman, he was hanging curtains at his home without his clothes on, when he fell backwards on to his kitchen table.
The reverend, who is in his 50s, had to undergo a delicate operation to extract the offending vegetable, which medics in Sheffield revealed were among the many things which got stuck in peoples nether regions.
The vicar was very embarrassed with the whole situation, and kept on insisting to staff at the citys Northern General Hospital that his predicament was not the result of a sex game gone wrong.
He explained to me, quite sincerely, he had been hanging curtains naked in the kitchen when he fell backwards on to the kitchen table and on to a potato, the Sun quoted A & E nurse Trudi Watson as saying.
But its not for me to question his story.
He had to undergo surgery to have it removed, she said.
She admits that some of the sex-related cases make the staff chuckle, and has urged anyone contemplating such a stunt to think twice about doing it.
My advice? Dont do it, she said.
It can be very dangerous and potentially life-threatening.
Surgery can lead to infection, nasty scarring, and it could possibly end up with the person having to use a colostomy bag as a result, she added.
Health staff across Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster say that they are no longer surprised at the things people use to spice up fun in the bedroom.
Like all busy hospitals we do see some unusual accidents, a hospital trust spokeswoman in Sheffield said.
But our staff deal with them in a discreet, professional and kind way, she added. (ANI)
- Pakistanis jailed for sexual crimes in Britain - Nov 06, 2010
- Streep undergoes hand surgery - Aug 07, 2012
- Brit Indian prisoner minted thousands of pounds running a brothel part-time - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Busy' Darren Gough turns down Cameron's request to stand as Conservative MP - Feb 10, 2011
- Potatoes back on menus as healthy meal - Apr 26, 2011
- Boy jailed 17 years for killing teenage mom - Dec 22, 2011
- Chinese patient stabs doctor 17 times - Sep 19, 2011
- Queen's Chaplain leaves wife for woman in congregation - Mar 05, 2011
- Patient abandoned on operating table dies - Aug 26, 2011
- Ozzy Osburne says he was once asked to sign a colostomy bag - Apr 07, 2010
- Brit Muslim MP freed from dangerous driving sentence - Mar 13, 2009
- Michael Lohan to undergo heart surgery - Nov 26, 2011
- Farmer's wife treated for rare brain disease - Aug 09, 2011
- UK boy survives 13ft plunge out of window after imitating his cartoon hero - Mar 30, 2011
- Dog bites TV anchor's face during LIVE show - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: barnsley, clergyman, colostomy bag, delicate operation, discreet professional, doncaster, hanging curtains, health staff, hospital trust, kitchen table, medics, nether regions, northern general hospital, predicament, reverend, rotherham, sex game, staff deal, trudi, vicar