VHP stages demonstration in Delhi protesting Assam blastsNovember 1st, 2008 - 9:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 1 (ANI): The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) staged a demonstration in New Delhi on Saturday protesting against the serial blasts that rocked Assam on October 30 leaving over 70 people dead.
The VHP activists blamed the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government for its failure to contain the militant attacks in the country.
“This is the result of the government’’s shamelessness that innocent people are being killed in all corners of the country. And in spite of taking tough actions against terrorists and putting a ban on them, the government is trapping Hindu organizations and clerics. Such incidents are continuously on and the government is unable to check them,” said Prakash Sharma, a VHP activist.
Twelve high intensity serial blasts rocked Guwahati and some other cities of Assam on Thursday morning, leaving over 70 dead.
Indian Mujahideen, a frontal organisation of HUJI and Lashkar - e Toiba - has claimed responsibility for Assam serial blasts. It made the claim in an SMS sent to a local TV channel. (ANI)
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- Militants with foreign backing behind blasts: Assam CM - Nov 03, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- Assam blast: Situation remains tense after serial blast on Sunday - Nov 02, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit Assam today - Nov 01, 2008
- Assam forms Special Task Force to deal with militancy - Nov 03, 2008
- Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in Assam - Oct 31, 2008
- AASU calls 11 hour shutdown in Assam - Nov 03, 2008
- Media reports on Aseemanand are lies: Singhal - Jan 09, 2011
- VHP opposes release of Pakistani prisoner - Jun 24, 2011
- Sonia creating Hindu terror bogey: Singhal - Jan 07, 2011
- VHP disrupts India, Pakistan joint I-Day celebrations - Aug 14, 2012
- Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspect - Nov 04, 2008
Tags: activist, activists, assam, clerics, high intensity, hindu organizations, huji, lashkar e toiba, local tv, militant attacks, mujahideen, New Delhi, nov 1, progressive alliance, serial blasts, shamelessness, spite, thursday morning, tv channel, vishwa hindu parishad