VHP demands withdrawal of NSA against Varun GandhiMarch 31st, 2009 - 7:28 pm ICT by ANI
Dehradun, Mar 31 (ANI): The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Tuesday threatened to launch a nation-wide movement if the National Security Act (NSA) invoked against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi, was not withdrawn immediately.
“We strongly demand the withdrawal of NSA against Varun Gandhi or we will launch a big movement across the country,” VHP President Ashok Singhal told reporters here.
Singhal alleged that the voice of Hindutva was being suppressed.
“Varun Gandhi and other people, who are raising the pitch of Hindutva are being arrested and their voice is being suppressed. In a democratic system, everybody is free to express opinion. Let the society make a judgement and not the state,” he added.
The VHP President also talked about the Ayodhya issue, saying the Parishad wanted the Parliament to enact a law for the construction of a grand temple at the disputed site.
Singhal also demanded that all intruders from Bangladesh who have made India their home, should sent back.
VHP International Working President S. Vedantam has alleged that the video clippings of Varun Gandhi’s speech is doctored.
“Gandhi is an educated person and I strongly believe he would not have made such provocative speeches at his level,” Vedantam said. (ANI)
- Sonia creating Hindu terror bogey: Singhal - Jan 07, 2011
- Narasimha Rao had key role in Ayodhya temple construction: Singhal - Aug 11, 2010
- VHP plans '90s like agitation for Ram temple, says Togadia - Jan 07, 2011
- Hindus will avenge NSA against Varun through votes: Singhal - Apr 21, 2009
- VHP denounces crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Advani rakes up Ram temple issue - Sep 09, 2012
- Ram temple, Hindu terror, Brahmaputra dam top VHP meet agenda(Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Parliament must empower Ram temple construction: VHP - Jan 09, 2011
- Ayodhya issue: 'I had three meetings with Narasimha Rao' says Singhal - Nov 27, 2009
- Media reports on Aseemanand are lies: Singhal - Jan 09, 2011
- VHP meet in Goa to discuss 'saffron terror' - Dec 17, 2010
- BSP justifies NSA charges against Varun - Mar 31, 2009
- VHP seers meet in Ayodhya to decide on road ahead - Oct 20, 2010
- VHP disrupts India, Pakistan joint I-Day celebrations - Aug 14, 2012
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
Tags: ashok singhal, bangladesh, dehradun, democratic system, educated person, grand temple, India, intruders, janata party, judgement, national security act, nsa, parliament, pitch, speeches, varun gandhi, vhp, video clippings, vishwa hindu parishad