Veteran CPM leader Surjeet slips into comaMay 17th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 17 (ANI): Veteran Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Harkishan Singh Surjeet, who was admitted to a hospital in Noida with an acute respiratory problem, has slipped into coma.
His condition remains critical.
He is in coma and is not responding, said Dr Purushottam Lal, who is monitoring his condition at the Metro Hospital.
Surjeet (92) was admitted to the hospital on May 6.
Though his vital organs are stable, his condition is neither better nor worse. He had seizures and was medicated for it and his brain is still functioning, Dr Lal said.
Due to his failing health, Surjeet was, for the first time, not included in the CPM Politburo at the party’s 19th congress in April this year.
He was instead designated as Special Invitee to the Central Committee. (ANI)
- PM calls on ailing Har Kishan Singh Surjeet - May 18, 2008
- Marxist Surjeets condition is still critical - May 19, 2008
- Ailing CPI-M leader Surjeet emerges out of coma - May 22, 2008
- Surjeets chances of survival very less: Doctors - May 18, 2008
- Shivraj Patil condoles death of Harkishan Singh Surjeet - Aug 01, 2008
- Pranab Mukherjee mourns Surjeet''s demise - Aug 01, 2008
- Harkishan Singh Surjeet''s funeral to take place today - Aug 03, 2008
- PM visits hospital to see ailing Surjeet - May 18, 2008
- Harkrishan Singh Surjeet passes away - Aug 01, 2008
- Mortal remains of Surjeet consigned to flames (Update) - Aug 03, 2008
- Surjeet is 'stable' in hospital - May 16, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit ailing Surjeet (Lead) - May 18, 2008
- Surjeet survives multiple organ failure, discharged from hospital - Jun 03, 2008
- Bal Thackeray stable, to be discharged - May 14, 2012
- Surjeet recovering, may be discharged Monday - May 31, 2008
Tags: brain, central committee, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, Health Science, invitee, lal, marxist leader, metro, noida, politburo, purushottam, respiratory problem, seizures, slips, vital organs