Varun Gandhi a victim of nexus between BJP, BSP: Kapil SibalApril 4th, 2009 - 9:24 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 4 (ANI): Congress leader and Union Minister Kapil Sibal on Saturday said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Varun Gandhi was a victim of nexus between the saffron party and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP).
“I think this is a political game of the BJP and the BSP. They have a nexus; BJP wants to benefit itself from Hindutva. On the other hand, the BSP wants division in the minority vote,” Sibal told reporters here.
When asked about whether invoking the National Security Act (NSA) against Gandhi was correct, Sibal said it was State Government’s subjective satisfaction.
“It is a State Government’s subjective satisfaction. If anybody knows the NSA, he has the order of detention under the NSA. It is based on the subjective satisfaction of the State Government. How can I comment on objective of a subjective satisfaction,” Sibal added.
The Congress leader also questioned BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani about his Government’s role on the issue of money hoarded in Swiss banks, when they were in power.
“This is a national issue. Many parties are involved in it. Advani was the Home Minister and then Deputy-Prime Minister for six years. He was also the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha for five years. Why did not he raise the question for 11 years?” Sibal asked.
General elections are scheduled to be held between April 16 and May 13, in which 714 million people will cast their votes. (ANI)
- Aggressive Sonia spurs Congress, forces Advani to retract (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- UP lesson: Party workers more important than leaders (Comment) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP opportunistic, says Sibal - Mar 27, 2011
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Maya's olive branch to Congress on Uttarakhand - Mar 12, 2012
- Embarrassed over Kushwaha, BJP targets Congress, BSP (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Varun's NSA reprieve due to flawed investigation: judicial panel - May 12, 2009
- BSP justifies invoking NSA against Varun - Apr 14, 2009
- Kushwaha issue divides BJP, Congress questions its credentials (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Advani still fighting trust vote in his mind: Congress - Aug 08, 2012
- BJP used religion as opportunistic tool: Congress (Lead) - Mar 27, 2011
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- UP voters dethrone Mayawati, choose Mulayam over BJP, Congress (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Rahul works his charm but UP might be too tricky - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, congress leader, deputy prime minister, general elections, hindutva, home minister, janata party, kapil sibal, lal krishna advani, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, minority vote, national security act, political game, prime ministerial candidate, saffron party, subjective satisfaction, swiss banks, union minister, varun gandhi