Vaghela to inaugurate Hi-Tech Weaving Park in TNApril 19th, 2008 - 9:52 am ICT by admin
Chennai, Apr 19 (ANI): Union Minister for Textiles Shankarsinh Vaghela will inaugurate the Hi-Tech Weaving Park at Palladam in Tamil Nadu under the Scheme for Integrated Textiles Park (SITP).
The State of Art Hi-Tech Weaving Park, coving an area of 70 acres will have 92 weaving and other units with 700 shuttleless looms. The Rs. 250 crores project will provide employment to over 5000 persons.
During his visit, Vaghela will also inaugurate the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Centre at Kannur in Kerala.
The Union Textiles Ministry has funded the total cost of the project of Rs. 58.64 crores.
Since its inception in 1986, the NIFT has set academic standards and excelled in thought leadership by providing a pool of creative genius and technically competent professionals. The institute provides a common platform for fashion education, research and training.
The institute is a pioneer in envisioning and evolving fashion business education in the country through network of eight professionally managed centres at New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Raebarelii and now in Kannur.
Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (KINFRA) is the nodel agency for the NIFT in Kannur. The Kerala Government is aiming to commence the classes during the current academic session. (ANI)
- Textiles industry needs to encourage research and development: Vaghela - Apr 19, 2008
- Textile industry to create 17.37 mn jobs by 2012: Vaghela - Jul 07, 2008
- Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile park - Feb 29, 2012
- NIFT to collaborate with US fashion technology institute - Oct 18, 2011
- Kerala's health sector gets Rs.2,150 crore investment - Sep 11, 2012
- NIFT to open centre in Kerala - Apr 18, 2008
- UTV to produce superhero project in Tamil - Jun 30, 2011
- Kerala to have green houses, bio-parks - Jul 25, 2012
- Fashion institute branch in Himachal to start doctorate degrees - Aug 05, 2009
- Centre restructures Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme - May 01, 2011
- Central government promises textile park to Kerala - Apr 20, 2008
- Kerala to have incubation centre for entrepreneurs - Feb 23, 2010
- Textile parks attract Rs.3,500 crore investment - Nov 25, 2010
- India has potential to increase its textile share in world trade: Dayanadhi Maran - Nov 02, 2010
- 25 integrated textile parks soon: Anand Sharma - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: academic session, academic standards, competent professionals, creative genius, crores, education research, excelled, fashion business, fashion education, gandhinagar, industrial infrastructure, infrastructure development, kannur, kerala government, national institute of fashion technology, nift, rs 250, state of art, thought leadership, union minister