V K Malhotra looking for ‘’scams” in Delhi governmentOctober 29th, 2008 - 7:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 29 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Partys Chief Ministerial candidate for Delhi, V K Malhotra has alleged that a number of “scandals had taken place during the Congress rule in the national capital and said these needed to be probed.
Malhotra, who is the deputy Leader of BJP in the Lok Sabha, said that during campaigning the BJP would highlight these “scams” and “failures” of the Shiela Dikshit Government, besides raising the issue of terrorism for the November 29 elections.
However, he ruled out any witch-hunting.
Malhotra identified the Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) corridor project in Delhi as one of the cases requiring inquiry and promised to review the scheme.
Malhotra, while contending that the project was undertaken “unscientifically”, said, “BRT is a disaster. They spent Rs. 120 crores on the first phase of it. Now they have hired a company to justify it.
BRT is badly affecting the traffic in the city. We will have to solve these problems,” Malhotra added.
He further said, “They prepared a scheme costing Rs. 2,000 crore for BRT corridors in the city. We will review the entire scheme.” (ANI)
- Will move apex court over bus corridor: Dikshit - Jul 17, 2012
- Delhi government to study bus corridor report by July 23 (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Delhi government slams critical report on bus corridor (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Witch hunting' on the rise in Assam - Mar 29, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
- Our records open for everyone: Dikshit on CWG probe - Nov 23, 2010
- Delhi approves food security scheme for poor - Aug 13, 2012
- Court fines Sheila Dikshit Rs.3,000 - Jan 06, 2012
- Government reply sought on plea over bus corridor - Jan 19, 2012
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- There is nothing called Hindu terrorism: V.K. Malhotra (Interview) - Oct 31, 2008
- At Birla marriage anniversary, Mamata talks business - Apr 29, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- No constitutional breakdown in Delhi, asserts Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- Road caves in on BRT corridor, two injured (Lead) - Aug 02, 2009
Tags: bharatiya janata, bjp, congress, corridor project, corridors, crore, crores, delhi government, deputy leader, disaster, elections, Lok Sabha, New Delhi, rapid transport, scams, scandals, terrorism, traffic in the city, witch hunting