US prostitutes offering free petrol to truckers to keep business goingJune 27th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 27 (ANI): Prostitutes in America are offering free petrol to truck drivers following fuel price hike, which is keeping their customers away.
According to Nevada Brothel Owners Association, fuel price hike has sharply hit their revenues that have dropped by 45 pct since oil crisis began.
In the Nevada desert, where it is legal to run brothels, truck drivers make up a significant proportion of the men
“Old George or Jimmy out there, he’s got to take care of momma and the groceries first, and he’s got to take care of fuel costs, and he’s got other expenses, and he may not have much left over for having a good time,” Telegraph quoted George Flint, the association’s director, as saying.
To attract clients, some brothels are also offering extras facilities in form of free showers, coffee or overnight parking - free to any trucker willing to splash out for a good time.
In 2006, Sydney brothel The Site offered to refund 20 cents for every litre of petrol bought, as long as drivers were willing to spend some of it with the brothel’s employees. (ANI)
- 'Fuel price hike cripples transporters, economy of country' - Jun 25, 2011
- Oz filmmaker's TV virgin auction bid facing legal problems in Las Vegas - May 14, 2010
- '62 lakh transport vehicles to be off roads July 5' - Jul 04, 2010
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- IRT: World's Deadliest Roads Season Finale - Dec 06, 2010
- Sri Lanka fishermen clash with cops over fuel price hike - Feb 15, 2012
- Fuel price hike: Trinamool Congress to stage statewide protest rallies - Jan 17, 2011
- LDF shutdown in Kerala to protest fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2010
- Transport operators on strike in Assam over hiked fuel prices - Jul 03, 2010
- Mumbaikars flay petrol price hike - Sep 15, 2011
- Friends, foes alike attack petrol hike, PM defends decontrol - Nov 05, 2011
- Bolivian transportation workers begin strike after fuel price increases - Dec 28, 2010
- Virbhadra asks states to reduce sales tax on petrol - May 24, 2012
- Goa cops, excise staff step in to stop petrol smuggling - Jun 01, 2012
- Petrol price hike angers Kashmiris - May 24, 2012
Tags: brothel owners, brothels, free petrol, free showers, fuel costs, fuel price hike, george flint, groceries, having a good time, litre, momma, nevada brothel, nevada desert, oil crisis, pct, prostitutes, sydney brothel the site, truck drivers, trucker, truckers