US gave Pak 12.28 bln-dlr-aid in past seven years: Congressional Research ServiceMarch 26th, 2008 - 1:58 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 26 (ANI): During the past seven years, the US gave Pakistan around 7.74 billion dollars in the form of security-related assistance under different heads, like Anti-Terrorism, International Narcotics Control and Law Enforcement, Frontier Corps training and equipment, Non-proliferation, Global Training and Equipment, non-proliferation, etc.
Besides, amount to the tune of 4.53 billion dollars went towards Pakistans economic support, said Alan Kronstadt of the Congressional Research Service.
According to him, the bulk of the military-related assistance went to Coalition Support Funds (around 5.56 billion dollars), followed by Foreign Military Financing (1.57 billion dollars).
Besides 267 million dollars were contributed towards International Narcotics Control and Law Enforcement, including border security, while monetary aid under the head Counter-narcotics Funds amounted to 131 million dollars, reported the Daily Times.
75 million dollars were given for purchasing Frontier Corps training and equipment, and 53 million dollars for buying Global Training and Equipment.
According to the paper, the Exim Bank accounts for about 75 percent of this amount, while the Overseas Private Investment Corporation accounts for the other 25 percent. (ANI)
Tags: bank accounts, billion dollars, border security, coalition support, congressional research service, economic support, exim bank, frontier, global training, international narcotics control, kronstadt, law enforcement, million dollars, monetary aid, non proliferation, overseas private investment, overseas private investment corporation, pakistan, private investment corporation, seven years