US First Lady invites Michelle Obama to get feel of her new abodeNovember 7th, 2008 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, Nov 7 (ANI): US First Lady Laura Bush has invited Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia to the White House in the coming weeks to get a feel for their new abode.
Michelle accepted, and a trip will be scheduled soon, the Washington Post reported.
In a telephone conversation on November 5, Laura congratulated Michelle and the two discussed life as a Presidents wife, the Obama campaign said. Michelle thanked the First Lady for her offer of help through the transition.
Michelle had cited Laura as a role model for how she has handled a potentially tough job with grace and a sense of purpose during campaigning.
Laura also came to Michelles defense at a crucial moment, while she was being lambasted for the comment, For the first time in my adult life, Im proud of my country.
Meanwhile, President-elect Barack Obama remained in transition meetings throughout day, although he held an emotional conference call with hundreds of campaign aides in his Chicago headquarters and around the country, The Post reported.
He called the group the best political team in history that would be shaping the world for years to come. Obama singled out his campaign manager David Plouffe for special praise. (ANI)
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Stefani to host Obama fundraiser with Michelle - Jul 05, 2012
- Michelle Obama reveals daughter's party clothes left President gulping! - Apr 19, 2011
- South Africa celebrates Nelson Mandela's 93rd birthday - Jul 18, 2011
- Michelle Obama to visit South Africa, Botswana - Jun 04, 2011
- Obama to celebrate 49th birthday without family - Aug 01, 2010
- Obama takes plunge to show Gulf Coast is safe - Aug 15, 2010
- How laughter keeps Michelle Obama's love life alive - Feb 14, 2011
- Michelle Obama, with daughters, skiing in Colorado - Feb 20, 2011
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- Michelle Obama attends Beyonce concert - May 27, 2012
- Barack Obama takes his family for a vacation in Martha's Vineyard - Aug 23, 2010
- Obama bars daughters from Facebook - Dec 17, 2011
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Bush, Obama have a "friendly" chat on transfer of power - Nov 11, 2008
Tags: abode, adult life, barack obama, campaign aides, campaign manager, chicago headquarters, crucial moment, david plouffe, first lady laura bush, laura bush, malia, michelle obama, offer of help, president elect, proud of my country, sense of purpose, telephone conversation, tough job, transition meetings, washington post