UPSC declares revised result of Civil Services Examination 2007June 26th, 2008 - 10:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , June 26 (ANI): Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) declared here today a revised list of the Civil Services Examination, 2007.
Based on the ad-interim stay granted by the Supreme Court, the results of the Civil Services Examination, 2007 declared on May 16, 2008 and the list of candidates recommended for appointment therein has been superseded and a revised list has been declared, in order of merit of the candidates.
The candidates have been recommended for appointment to the Indian Administrative Service; Indian Foreign Service; Indian Police Service; and Central Services, Group A and Group B.
A total of 638 candidates have been recommended in the revised result for appointment, of which 286 are General candidates (including 12 physically challenged candidates), 190 are Other Backward Classes candidates (including 5 physically challenged candidates), 109 Scheduled Castes candidates (including 5 physically challenged candidates) and 53 Scheduled Tribes candidates.
The list of candidates recommended for appointment has been drawn up pursuant to ad-interim stay granted by the Supreme Court in Special Leave Petitions (Civil) No.13571-72/2008 dated May 16, 2008 and therefore the result is provisional subject to the final outcome of the Special Leave Petitions No. 13571-72/2008 and judgment/direction of the Supreme Court in the matter. (ANI)
- Meritorious quota candidate can opt for reserved seat: Apex court - May 07, 2010
- SC stays Rajasthan judicial services exam (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Civil services English paper has experts' nod, court told - Aug 22, 2012
- Plea in SC seeks Assam government's dismissal (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Plea against special exam to recruit cops dismissed (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- 30 disabled candidates clear UPSC exam - May 06, 2010
- Four Jamia students make it to UPSC - May 13, 2011
- SC upholds selected UPSC candidates right to quota benefits - May 07, 2010
- Application form not correctly filled can be rejected: court - Jan 26, 2010
- Supreme Court strikes down appointment of CVC P.J. Thomas - Mar 03, 2011
- Plea against special exam to recruit cops dismissed (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Government has right to determine tenure: Army chief - Jan 18, 2012
- 1950 or 1951? That's the vital question for Gen. V.K. Singh - Feb 09, 2012
- Special IPS recruitment: Court seeks government's response - Mar 21, 2012
- Students protest UPSC results - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: appointment, central services group, civil services examination, indian administrative service, indian foreign service, indian police service, interim, judgment, New Delhi, order of merit, petitions, supreme court, tribes, upsc