UPA’s victory a vindication of its policies: Praful PatelMay 17th, 2009 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 17 (ANI): The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that the United Progressive Alliance’s (UPA) victory in 2009 general elections was a vindication of the policies adopted by the coalition.
“People of India have reposed faith in the UPA irrespective of caste and creed across the country. UPA’s win is a vindication of the policies, programmes and values for which the UPA came together,” senior NCP leader and Union Minister Praful Patel said.
Patel further said the country has already seen a stable and progressive government under the leadership of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Patel also expressed support to the Congress in government formation.
“NCP Chief Sharad Pawar today telephoned Gandhi as also Singh to congratulate them on the election victory and assured them that his party was ready to cooperate in the formation of the government without any condition. The NCP will now support the formation of the new UPA government,” he added.
When asked about the inclusion of the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the government, Patel said party leaders should take appropriate decisions in the lager interests of the coalition.
“Pawar had a meeting with Gandhi three days back during which both the leaders discussed the post poll scenario. It is for the Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and all leaders of the UPA to take appropriate decision in the larger interests of the coalition,” he added. (ANI)
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- PM willing to talk to NCP 'on any issue' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Congress, NCP stand-off ends with decision on better coordination (Intro-Roundup) - Jul 26, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
- Impasse with Congress could end, signals NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- Praful denies resignation, NCP stays with UPA (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- NCP declares truce, alliance to have more 'coordination' (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- NCP to stay in UPA but attend no function, skips PM's dinner (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2012
- PM praises Pawar, UPA row ebbs for now (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- NCP and government mend fences, PM praises Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Congress tries hard to mollify NCP, Pawar unswayed (Intro Roundup) - Jul 21, 2012
- Ally trouble continues to dog Congress - Jul 21, 2012
- No ultimatum to Congress, says NCP - Jul 25, 2012
- Ready to talk to NCP: Manmohan Singh - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: caste, dr manmohan singh, election victory, general elections, government formation, manmohan, manmohan singh, nationalist congress party, ncp, party leaders, post poll, praful patel, progressive alliance, progressive government, Samajwadi Party, sharad pawar, sonia gandhi, union minister, UPA, vindication