UP villagers happy with government-sponsored schemesMarch 3rd, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by ANI
Sirgamau (Uttar Pradesh), Mar 3 (ANI): The people of Sirgamau in Uttar Pradesh said their lives have changed for good after the introduction of various schemes by the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
The village is situated around 68 kilometers from the state capital Lucknow.
The villagers are happy after initiatives like Grameen Rojgar Guarantee Yojna, which gave them regular employment and payments.
We are happy. Lot of women labourers have also joined the scheme. We are getting payments on time. What more can anyone need, said Angnu, a labourer.
The programmes have been introduced with the help of village council.
In order to meet the needs of rural India, the UPA government has launched various schemes including rural housing, Indira Awaas Yojana, employment assurance scheme, scheme for land development and self help groups.
We have been benefited a lot. We have been given houses, sanitation, drainage facility and good roads. There was a time when all the roads would be flooded after the rains but now even cars can move around in the roads after the rains, said Arjun, head of village council.
The rural job scheme aimed at tackling the problem of rural unemployment has also encouraged traditional handicraft industries, like textile weaving and bamboo work. (ANI)
- Indira Awaas Yojana delights needy families in Punjab - Apr 12, 2009
- Development work to be videographed in UP - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Rural jobs, housing schemes not functioning optimally' - Aug 03, 2012
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- UPA's flagship schemes not doing well: NHRC - Dec 02, 2011
- Jharkhand spent only 38 percent of job scheme funds - Dec 14, 2011
- Rural development to get 12 percent more - Feb 28, 2011
- Ministers to brief state Congress chiefs on welfare schemes - Dec 06, 2011
- Ramesh wants Assam rural jobs scheme audited - Oct 28, 2011
- Greens to assess central power scheme in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 06, 2011
- 4.9 crore rural jobs created in 2009-10: UPA report - Jun 01, 2010
- Allocation for water and sanitation may go up 50 percent - Mar 10, 2012
- Mayawati muisused funds for rural health, says PM - Feb 17, 2012
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- Best district in rural jobs scheme - really? - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: bamboo work, cars, congress, drainage facility, good roads, handicraft industries, India, indira, initiatives, job, kilometers, labourer, progressive alliance, sanitation, self help groups, textile, unemployment, uttar pradesh, yojana