UP Police want students to help in fight against terrorAugust 14th, 2008 - 3:41 pm ICT by ANI
By Girish Kumar Dubey
Varanasi, Aug.14 (ANI): To prevent terrorists succeed in their nefarious designs in the holy city Varanasi, the Uttar Pradesh police have thought it prudent to spread general awareness to equip people to safeguard their lives.
As part of its initiative, the Uttar Pradesh Police recently reached out to students and informed them about what to do after coming across any terror threat or incident. Students were told how to react in different situations.
The step has been taken in view of the routine hoax calls and also as a preventive measure.
The police called a meeting of all the school and college principals in Varanasi and had an interactive session with them as well as students. Uttar Pradesh police view students fraternity as an integral part of their campaign against terrorism.
It is very important because we find that only young people can help us solve terrorism. They move everywhere. They can also make other illiterates aware said Kapil Dev Mishra, Incharge Special Operation Group, Varanasi
Students were briefed about the ways and means to fight terrorism. They were informed about the things like unidentified objects, suspicious person, cooker bombs, and bombs in bags.
Students participated enthusiastically in the interactive session with the police officials. They raised various queries about terrorism and got their misconceptions cleared.
There should be awareness in the schools for children. It is important, said Vijay Prakash, Special Superintendent of Police of Varanasi.
Varanasi has 4,000 policemen for the security of 3.2 million people. It remains a challenging daily exercise for the local police force to provide security to everyone from terror-mongers.
Police opine that fight against terrorism can be won by general awareness and vigilance that can help the administration curb terrorism. (ANI)
- Security beefed up in Varanasi ahead of New Year Eve - Dec 30, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Uttar Pradesh from Monday - Jan 09, 2011
- Rahul to tour Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Join politics to cleanse it, Rahul tells students (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2011
- Rahul asks Lucknow students to join politics - Jan 11, 2011
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Three bombs defused in Allahabad (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 09, 2010
- Samajwadi Party workers block Gandhi's cavalcade in Allahabad - Jan 10, 2011
- Steering education revolution from Azamgarh shacks (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Join politics to develop India, Rahul Gandhi urges BHU students - Jan 10, 2011
- Three crude bombs recovered in Allahabad - Dec 09, 2010
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Four students drown in Ganga river - May 13, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh given specific intel before Varanasi blast: Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Dec 08, 2010
- BHU professor found dead in campus home - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: bombs, city varanasi, dubey, fraternity, hoax, holy city, interactive session, misconceptions, operation group, police force, police officials, policemen, preventive measure, principals, suspicious person, terror threat, unidentified objects, uttar pradesh police, vigilance, ways and means