UP police gun down two LeT terroristsDecember 23rd, 2007 - 2:34 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, Dec 23 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Police today gunned down two suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists in Barabanki district.
According to the inputs of our intelligence agencies, they are Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LeT) terrorists. We had information that they were crossing over from Nepal to India. They are from Pakistan, said Brij Lal, Additional Director General of Police, Law and Order.
Police officials also maintained that these terrorists were reportedly planning to target Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati.
A map of the official residence of Mayawati, grenades, AK-47 rifles, magazines and cartridges were recovered from them.
On Saturday, the UP police and central security agencies had arrested two militants of the Harkat-ul-Jehad-al-Islami (HuJI) for their alleged involvement in serial bomb blasts in the state.
RDX weighing 1.25 kgs, six detonators, three ammonium nitrate rods and two cell phones were recovered from their possession, Lal said.
Terror struck in Uttar Pradesh on November 23, when militants triggered near-simultaneous blasts in court premises killing 15 people, four of them lawyers, and injuring over 80.
Six bombs - three in Varansi, two in Faizabad and one in Lucknow - planted on cycles, went off within a span of 15 minutes. (ANI)
- UP Police arrest two HUJI militants (Update) - Dec 22, 2007
- US blacklists Pak charity foundation as "alias" of banned terrorist group LeT - Nov 25, 2010
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen link suspected in Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- Charge sheet filed in Delhi against four terrorists - Sep 10, 2012
- Fahim Ansari returned to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh court - Jun 04, 2010
- LeT car-bomber module busted in Srinagar - Jun 14, 2012
- Two HUJI militants arrested - Dec 22, 2007
- Pak motives point to "protecting" rather than "prosecuting " 26/11 terror suspects: Analyst - Apr 15, 2011
- Suspected militant studied in Lucknow University - Aug 27, 2009
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Pune was 'important base' of Indian Mujahideen - Feb 15, 2010
- WikiLeaks: LeT planned to kill Modi, set up bases in south India - Dec 06, 2010
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: ammonium nitrate, bomb blasts, brij, central security, chief minister, court premises, detonators, faizabad, gun down, harkat ul, huji, intelligence agencies, jehad, lal, police gun, police law, police officials, security agencies, uttar pradesh police, varansi