UP land case: Allahabad High Court to hear Amitabh’s petitionNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
The court dismissed an application of Ram Chander seeking to implead himself in the matter on the ground that he owned the land in question.
In his petition Bachchan had said that the Faizabad court’s order exceeded its jurisdiction by not hearing his version and going into the merits of the case.
Earlier, the Uttar Pradesh Government had stated that Bachchan allegedly committed another fraud by claiming that he was a resident of 17, Clive Road, Allahabad, in his application for farmland allotment in Barabanki District.
UP Government’s lawyer D K Upadhya alleged that Bachchan’s father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, lived at the said residence till 1958 after which the house was sold.
The former Mulayam Singh Yadav Government had allotted three bighas (about 70,000 sq ft) of prime land at Daulatpur village in Barabanki District to Bachchan.
The actor had managed issuance of documents in his name, which identified him as a farmer and on the basis of these, he got a 24 acre plot of agricultural land at Lonavla, Pune in mid-1990s.
However, the Faizabad Additional Commissioner, who had judicial powers in land disputes, had ruled that the 1993 Barabanki land transfer in his name was illegal. (ANI)
- Plea for criminal case against Amitabh Bachchan - May 29, 2010
- Bachchan to face police probe over Barabanki land - Jun 01, 2010
- Ban sale of agricultural land to non-farmers: Goa panel - Sep 09, 2011
- Allahabad High Court to hear Amitabh Bachchan's petition - Nov 15, 2007
- Petition against Amitabh Bachchan dismissed - Jun 11, 2010
- Lucknow court summons Jaya Bachchan - Jan 24, 2011
- Allahabad High Court to hear Amitabh Bachchan's petition - Dec 05, 2007
- Noida farmers seek CBI probe in land acquisition - Jul 16, 2011
- Amitabh again buys agricultural land in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 27, 2010
- Amitabh 'gifts' land to village council for girls college - Nov 01, 2009
- Amitabh in fresh trouble over Uttar Pradesh farmland - Oct 24, 2009
- Farmers from Mayawati's village move court - Jul 28, 2011
- Status quo at Ayodhya site extended till Aug 31 (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- I feel exonerated: Amitabh Bachchan - Jun 12, 2010
- Hubdreds of Uttar Pradesh villages flooded - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: acre plot, agricultural land, allahabad high court, allotment, amitabh, harivansh rai bachchan, judicial powers, land disputes, lucknow, mulayam singh yadav, petition, prime land, rejoinder, uttar pradesh government