University teachers” association observes day-long strikeAugust 29th, 2008 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 29 (ANI): A university teachers” association is observing a strike today to protest delay in finalisation of report of University Grants Commission (UGC) pay revision committee.
Federation of Central Universities Teachers” Association (FEDCUTA) president Aditya Narayan Mishra said, “We observe the strike in central universities all over the country to demand that the report of the committee headed by Prof G K Chaddha be submitted soon.”
The strike, in which teachers from 22 central universities across the country are expected to participate, will be accompanied by a day-long fast by the federation office bearers.
The teachers observed a similar nation-wide strike earlier this month to press their demands.
The federation attributed increasing attrition rate to poor packages and slow promotional avenues.
The federation wants higher pay scale at the entry level for teachers. It has also demanded fast and sound career advancement scheme for the teachers.
Chaddha Committee, which was appointed in September 2007, has said it would take at least three more months to complete its report. (ANI)
- Students suffer as central varsity teachers skip classes - Jan 29, 2010
- Central university teachers to go on two-day strike - Jan 28, 2010
- Meghalaya college teachers strike work, 50,000 students affected - Sep 23, 2011
- Punjab, Chandigarh colleges to remain shut Wednesday - Nov 28, 2011
- Strike paralyses teaching in Punjab, Chandigarh colleges - Nov 30, 2011
- Punjab, Chandigarh college teachers on strike again - Dec 13, 2011
- Teachers' strike cripples work in Madhya Pradesh colleges - Sep 08, 2009
- Central varsities teachers call off strike on Teachers Day - Sep 04, 2008
- Teachers' strike hits Lucknow varsity, colleges - Nov 21, 2011
- Panjab University teachers reject UGC regulations - Jul 03, 2010
- Lesser-known Annas also fast across the country - Aug 25, 2011
- Manipur teachers on strike over salary hike demand - Feb 23, 2011
- Delhi High Court asks DU college teachers to end strike - Mar 16, 2011
- Telangana employees call off 42-day-old strike - Oct 25, 2011
- Call off strike or face contempt of court, lecturers told - Mar 16, 2011