Union Minister Mahavir Prasad charged for murder caseFebruary 11th, 2009 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
Gorakhpur, Feb 11 (ANI): Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Industries Mahavir Prasad has been charged in connection to the murder of an Ujjarpur village resident Ram Pragat in Gorakhpur district.
Gorakhpur Senior Superintendent of Police Aditya Mishra informed that the Allahabad High Court had ordered the registration of a case against Prasad here last night under Section 120 B of the IPC for conspiracy to murder.
The other accused- village head of Ujjarpur, Rajesh Singh and one Gauri Shankar have been charged under Section 302 for murder, Section 201 for hiding evidence of offence or giving false information, Section 504 for insulting with an intent to provoke breach of public peace, Section 506 for criminal intimidation and violation of the SC/ST Act.
According to police, the victim’’s wife Subhavati had lodged cases against the three accused. She alleged that Singh and Shankar committed her husband’’s murder over a local property issue on January 28, while Prasad acted as a helping hand.
Earlier, the case was registered as a road accident.
Subhavati then had to move to the High Court after the local Chief Judicial Magistrate rejected her plea.
According to SSP Mishra, no arrest has been made so far in this connection. (ANI)
- Union Minister Mahavir Prasad booked for murder (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Union minister booked for murder (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Union minister booked for murder in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 11, 2009
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Father kills daughter in Bihar - Jul 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011
- Mirchpur killings: Charges framed against 98 - Mar 11, 2011
- Law will take its course in Mahavir Prasad case: Congress - Feb 11, 2009
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Supreme Court defers hearing in Aarushi case till July 12 - Apr 25, 2011
- Talwars formally charged with murders - May 25, 2012
- Supreme Court asks CBI to file reply in Aarushi case - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: allahabad high court, conspiracy, criminal intimidation, false information, gauri shankar, helping hand, information section, ipc, judicial magistrate, mahavir, murder case, peace section, plea, public peace, rajesh singh, road accident, section 201, section 504, small and medium industries, union minister