Unified Commanders’ Conference to discuss integrated war fighting beginsJune 25th, 2009 - 11:32 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 25 (ANI): Defence Minister AK Antony today inaugurated the Unified Commanders’ Conference whose overall theme is ‘Victory through Jointness’.
The two-day conference will focus mainly on jointness, integration and development of integrated war fighting capability. It will also deliberate upon various issues relating to Services capabilities to meet the security challenges faced by the nation.
“The theme of the conference is victory through jointness,” said a Defence Ministry official.
During the conference, the senior commanders will discuss the key achievements and progress made by Headquarters, Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) and will also make presentations on major achievements and contemporary issues of tri-service implications.
The Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee Admiral Sureesh Mehta, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik, Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor, IDS Chief Air Marshal S C Mukul and heads of Andaman and Nicobar Command and Strategic Forces Command, will attend the Conference.
Chiefs of various tri-services training institutions like Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, College of Defence Management, Secunderabad and National Defence Academy, Pune, besides senior officers from the Ministry of Defence will also attend the conference. (ANI)
- Unified commanders' conference starts Friday - Apr 15, 2010
- Top commanders to discuss India's war fighting capabilities - Jun 24, 2009
- Commanders to debate battle readiness, security threats - Apr 20, 2011
- India to discuss AF-Pak with US, says Taliban remains a threat to world peace - Jun 25, 2009
- Vice Admiral Joshi to head navy's sword arm - Apr 16, 2011
- New chief of staff for Eastern Naval Command - May 02, 2011
- India's Andaman military command completes a decade - Oct 09, 2011
- Need for tri-Service communications networks stressed - May 26, 2010
- New IAF vice chief, Eastern air commander take charge - Aug 01, 2011
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Norman Browne assumes charge as IAF chief (Lead) - Jul 31, 2011
- Aerospace power to be crucial in future conflicts: Antony - Apr 26, 2010
- Unified commanders meet to debate security threats - May 19, 2011
- India to up defences in Andamans, Lakshadweep - Jun 27, 2011
- Rear Admiral Shrikhande is IDS assistant chief (With Image) - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: air chief marshal, air marshal, andaman and nicobar, army chief, chief general, chiefs of staff, commanders conference, deepak kapoor, defence management, defence ministry, defence services, defence staff, mukul, national defence academy, national defence academy pune, secunderabad, staff committee, training institutions, unified commanders, wellington college