Unidentified gunmen kill youth in KashmirJune 6th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 6 (IANS) Unidentified gunmen Wednesday shot and killed a 20-year-old youth in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
A senior police officer told IANS that unidentified gunmen fired upon Liyaqat Sultan Lone, 20, a resident of Nanwal Mohallah, Panjgam falling under the jurisdiction of Awantipora police station.
“Lone died on the spot. he was working as a daily wager in the agriculture department. A case has been registered in this regard,” the officer said.
Police said the youth had earlier been detained as an overground worker of a guerrilla outfit operating in the area.
“His brother was also an active militant before he died in an encounter with the security forces,” the officer said.
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Two teens killed in Kashmir blast - Jul 11, 2011
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- National Conference activist shot in Kashmir - Feb 05, 2011
- Terrorists kill civilian in south Kashmir village - Jan 24, 2012
- Seven south Kashmir village heads resign - Jun 08, 2012
- National Conference activist killed in Kashmir - Mar 31, 2011
- Fourth day of indefinite curfew in Kashmir, toll 90 - Sep 16, 2010
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- National Conference activist shot dead, killers identified (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Former militant, bystander shot at in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2012
- Guerrillas loot weapons from Kashmir security picket - May 25, 2012
- LeT commander killed in Kashmir gunfight (Second Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir - Feb 04, 2012