ULFA leaders meet Manmohan SinghFebruary 14th, 2011 - 10:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 14 (ANI): A delegation of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) leaders met the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, here on Monday evening.
According to reports, an eight-member ULFA team, lead by its chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, met Dr. Singh at his 7 Race Course Road residence for around 15 minutes.
The team had earlier met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and Union Home Secretary GK Pillai.
Chidambaram told senior ULFA leaders that peace talks are at a preliminary stage.
ULFA leaders have also met Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and sought his cooperation in carrying forward the peace process with the Central Government.
Gogoi had on January 20 said that peace talks with ULFA are on the right track and will continue even without Paresh Baruah, the separatist group’s commander-in-chief. (ANI)
- ULFA leaders to meet Manmohan Singh - Feb 14, 2011
- Talks with Centre positive: ULFA - Feb 15, 2011
- ULFA meets Chidambaram -- for peace - Feb 10, 2011
- PM on two-day visit to Assam from Friday - Feb 17, 2011
- Peace talks with Centre were constructive: ULFA - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA to begin peace talks with Centre - Feb 10, 2011
- First round of ULFA peace talks begins Thursday - Feb 09, 2011
- ULFA, government begin Assam peace talks (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA, Chidambaram hold peace talks, seven-member goup formed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 11, 2011
- ULFA offers ceasefire to pave way for talks (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- ULFA to open unconditional talks from Feb 10 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- ULFA dismiss Pillai's claim on Paresh Baruah - Feb 17, 2012
- Chidambaram says peace talks with ULFA are at a preliminary stage - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA splits into talk and anti-talk factions - Nov 20, 2011
- ULFA leaders meet Assam CM Gogoi, seek cooperation for peace talks - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,