UK cops smash fake passport racket running from mosquesAugust 25th, 2008 - 3:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 25 (ANI): An evil gang working inside Britains mosques to sell fake passports to potential terrorists has been smashed by a popular UK paper.
The cocky crooks were convinced they were untouchable, knowing police raids could inflame racial tension. But after our three-month undercover investigation the gangsters haven”t a prayer. Acting on the News of The World evidence, cops this week shut the scam down.
Earlier, the paper watched a Bangladeshi Bigs team of fixers tout for business, offering genuine Bulgarian passports doctored with fake IDs for 2,500 pounds a time among devout worshippers at the East London Mosque in Whitechapel.
Across the city at the Central Mosque in Regent’’s Park another crew of henchman was peddling the same service.
When News of The World met the gang boss face to face, posing as zealots on the run from the police, he was unfazed and bragged he had helped more than 50 illegals into the UK, adding: These are genuine documents. Nobody can challenge you. Just give me your photographs and choose a name, in four weeks you”ll have a new identity.
Because Bulgaria’’s in the European community you have full rights in this country. You can live here legally, take advantage of the free NHS, everything. And no one can stop you from traveling.
The Paper launched its covert operation when a whistleblower from the East London mosque contacted them. Big had tried to recruit the man to his dodgy sales team.
The bearded source said: The boss offered me 100 pounds commission for every customer. He said it’’s easy to find buyers-especially on Fridays at the main Jumma prayers when the mosque is packed.He then handed me a passport and asked me to deliver to a Bangladeshi who’’s here illegally. (ANI)
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Muslims across India offer prayers on last Friday of Ramadan - Sep 03, 2010
- A factory for fake visas in Bangladesh - Sep 23, 2011
- Eight Bangladeshi men held in Delhi for immigration racket - Jul 26, 2009
- 2 Bangladeshis, Nepali held for human trafficking - Jan 07, 2011
- Only 10 people can pray at demolished Delhi mosque: Court - Jan 21, 2011
- Vote bank politics shields illegal Bangladeshis: Court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Gang supplying arms to Maoists busted (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Court slams failure to weed out Bangladeshi migrants - Aug 10, 2012
- Conmen play cops in Goa, target tourists, women - May 08, 2012
- Immigration racket busted in Punjab, 1,200 passports recovered - Jun 21, 2011
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket - Feb 17, 2012
- Indian gangster behind new murder attempt in Nepal - Jun 26, 2011
- Mosque case: Petitioner seeks action against lawmaker (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Getting real about killer fakes in air (Comment) - Mar 24, 2011