Tytler given clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots caseApril 27th, 2010 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 27 (ANI): A Karkardooma court on Tuesday let off former minister and Congress leader Jagdish Tytler in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots case after accepting the closure report submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that gave a clean chit to him.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Rakesh Pandit said: “There is no sufficient material to send Tytler to trial.”
Giving a clean cheat to Tytler, the court further said there was no ground to order further investigation in the case.
The CBI had submitted that there was nothing to proceed against 66-year-old Tytler as two witnesses, Jasbir Singh and Surinder Singh, were not reliable and their statements were ‘false and concocted’.
Earlier on April 2, the CBI had given a clean chit to Tytler
De-sealing its final investigation report in a court, the CBI has recommended quashing of FIR against Tytler.
On March 28, the CBI filed the report in a sealed envelope before Metropolitan Magistrate Ram Lal Meena.
Tytler was among the three prominent leaders named in the reports on anti-Sikh riots. Two other leaders named were Sajjan Kumar and the late HKL Bhagat.
The 1984 anti-Sikh riots, which claimed the lives of almost 3000 Sikhs, were triggered by the assassination of Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984 by two of her Sikh bodyguards. (ANI)
- Sikhs demand death sentence for Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler - May 05, 2010
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: CBI seeks dismissal of case against Tytler - Jul 24, 2010
- Jagdish Tytler gets clean chit in 1984 riots case - Apr 27, 2010
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over Tytler acquittal - Apr 29, 2010
- CBI asked why it termed 1094 riots witnesses unreliable - Apr 01, 2010
- Delhi court to decide Jagdish Tytler's fate today - Apr 09, 2009
- CBI submits investigation report on Tytler's involvement in 1984 anti-Sikh riots - Mar 28, 2009
- Jagdish Tytler gets clean chit in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case - Apr 02, 2009
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: CBI questioned in Tytler case - Mar 29, 2010
- Tytler acquittal triggers uproar in parliament (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Sikhs protest outside court hearing Tytler case - Apr 09, 2009
- Court likely to decide Tytler's fate Thursday - Apr 08, 2009
- Court reserves order on CBI plea to close riots case against Tytler - Apr 07, 2010
- CBI gives Tytler clean chit in 1984 riots case, Sikhs protest (Lead) - Apr 02, 2009
- Hearing on Tytler postponed, Sikhs hold protests (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,