Two troopers die in Kashmir road accidentJune 23rd, 2009 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 23 (IANS) Two paramilitary troopers died and four others received injuries Tuesday when the vehicle in which they were travelling collided with a bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims in Kashmir Tuesday.
The pilgrims, who were in the bus returning from the Amarnath cave temple, escaped unhurt, police said.
The collision occurred at Gagangeer, 64 km from here, on the Srinagar-Baltal road.
Six Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were injured and “two of them later succumbed to their injuries”, a police officer said.
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Heavy rain disrupts Amarnath pilgrim's movement - Jun 25, 2012
- Weather improves, Amarnath pilgrims allowed towards shrine (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Thousands reach Kashmir base camps for Amarnath Yatra (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- CRPF recovers air pistol at Amarnath Yatra base camp - Jul 02, 2012
- 18,000 pilgrims proceed towards Amarnath cave shrine - Jun 30, 2011
- Srinagar old city restrictions enter third day - Jun 28, 2012
- Amarnath yatra begins - Jun 28, 2011
- Restrictions imposed in Srinagar following tension - Jun 26, 2012
- Amarnath Yatra arrangements in full swing - Jun 23, 2010
- Annual Amarnath yatra begins (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Thousands trek to Amarnath cave for prayers (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Last leg of Amarnath yatra - chhari mubarak leaves Srinagar - Aug 08, 2011
- Three CRPF troopers killed in Kashmir fratricidal shootout - Dec 25, 2011
- Amarnath Yatra ends peacefully - Aug 13, 2011