Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attackJuly 28th, 2012 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 28 (IANS) Two tourists were killed and four others were injured in a separatist attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Anantnag district Saturday.
“Militants tossed a hand grenade at a Tavera taxi carrying tourists in Bijbehara town, 45 km from here. The grenade exploded inside the vehicle resulting in the death of two tourists and injured four others,” a senior police official told IANS.
The injured have been taken to hospital. The area has been condoned off and a search operation is on, the official said.
The attack came after Defence Minister A.K. Antony arrived in Srinagar to review the security situation in the state.
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Four killed in Kashmir highway accident - Jun 04, 2012
- Kashmir blast: Injured girl dies in hospital - Nov 22, 2010
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Eight injured in Kashmir blast - Nov 21, 2010
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012