Two special police officers injured in grenade attackJune 2nd, 2009 - 1:11 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 1 (IANS) Two special police officers (SPOs) were injured late Monday evening when separatists guerrillas targeted a police station with grenades in Sopore town in north Kashmir, police said.
The guerrillas tossed three grenades at the police station in the heart of Sopore town, 54 km from Srinagar, which exploded near the outer wall of the building.
“Two SPOs were injured in the explosions. They were taken to hospital for treatment,” a senior police officer said.
He said the area around the police station building was cordoned off and searched.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the blasts which came a day after an SPO was gunned down in the town by guerillas.
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Four hurt in Kashmir terror attack (Lead) - Jan 15, 2010
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Gun battle in Kashmir town after grenade attack - Jan 15, 2010
- Eight injured in Kashmir blast - Nov 21, 2010
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Two dead in Kashmir terror strike (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2010
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Four injured in explosion in Jammu and Kashmir - Sep 09, 2009
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011