Two policemen get clean chit in Bhagalpur ‘mob justice’ incidentNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:05 am ICT by admin
The duo was suspended after the incident.
The National Human Rights Commission and the National Commission for Minorities had issued notices to the State Government and had sought a report.
In August, the youth identified as Aurangzeb alias Salim was caught trying to snatch a woman’s chain in the Nath Nagar area of Bhagalpur.
A mob soon gathered and beat up the man. His hands were tied behind his back as the crowd kicked and punched him in the face.
Salim was tied to a policeman’s motorcycle and dragged around town.
It was then that a local journalist caught the brutality on camera. The footage was soon on all national news channels. (ANI)
- Rights panel asks Bihar to pay damages to torture victim - Apr 18, 2008
- Two held for snatching cop's chain - Aug 29, 2011
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
- Bikers snatch IANS journalist's gold chain - Mar 25, 2011
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Five cops booked for murder - Mar 04, 2011
- Police misinterpreted girl's autopsy: Suspended doctor - Jun 15, 2011
- Ex-minister fails to appear before Gujarat riots panel - Sep 05, 2011
- Rights panels urged to probe Bihar police assault on women - Sep 17, 2011
- BJP demands third autopsy of murdered UP girl - Jun 14, 2011
- Chain snatchers kill woman - Oct 06, 2010
- Delhi Traffic Police personnel may get firearms - Aug 04, 2011
Tags: aurangzeb, brutality, chit, constable, council member, human rights commission, legislative council, mob justice, murderous mob, nath, national commission, national human rights commission, news channels, policeman, policemen, s chain, salim, snatch, state government