Two out of eleven suspected swine flu cases test positive in CoimbatoreJune 6th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), June 6(ANI): Two out of eleven swine flu cases reported on Wednesday have tested positive in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
“Out of the eleven suspected swine flu cases admitted in Coimbatore Medical College only two have become positive. The rest of the patients have been discharged from the hospital and they are at home and followed by public health authorities,” said Doctor Kumaran, Dean of the Coimbatore Medical College.
Kumaran added that both patients are being administered Tamiflu drugs.
“The two patients are already on sixth day of Tamiflu treatment. And they are clinically, laboratory wise showing improvement. Once the virus level becomes totally negative they will be also sent home,” said Kumaran.
All patients with suspected swine flu like symptoms are being quarantined at the Coimbatore Medical College (CMC), a government-run hospital.
As a protective measure, the government hospital has now equipped itself with precautionary kits to meet any sort of emergency. The central government has sent over 2000 tablets to the hospital. (ANI)
- Swine flu alert in Tamil Nadu districts bordering Kerala - Jun 29, 2010
- Coimbatore reports ten suspected swine flu cases - Jun 03, 2009
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Chennai boy dies of swine flu, chief minister calls review meeting (Second lead) - Aug 10, 2009
- Delhi prepared for swine flu - Apr 10, 2012
- Two swine flu patients successfully cured in Coimbatore - Jun 20, 2009
- Couple in Chennai test positive for swine flu virus - Jun 22, 2009
- Swine flu claims one life in Bhopal - Mar 29, 2012
- Runaway swine flu patient dies in Chennai - Aug 21, 2009
- Premier hospital's swine flu detection head quarantined - Aug 08, 2009
- Chandigarh doctor tests positive for swine flu - Oct 17, 2009
- Gujarat awaiting swine flu test results for 44 people - Aug 13, 2009
- Gujarat seeks involvement of private hospitals in swine flu treatment - Aug 10, 2009
- 48 suspected swine flu cases in Madhya Pradesh - Aug 14, 2009
- Third swine flu death in Tamil Nadu - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: central government, dean, drugs, flu, flu cases, flu like symptoms, government hospital, kumaran, medical college, protective measure, public health authorities, sixth day, swine flu, tamiflu, tamil nadu, virus level