Two more eyewitnesses to be examined in Kasab case todayMay 12th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 12 (ANI): Two eyewitnesses will be examined in connection with the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks today.
The prosecution will examine Hemant Boudhankar and Sanjay Govilkar, both assistant police inspectors.
The examination of the first witness, Bhaskar Kadam, concluded on Monday.
Police Sub-Inspector Bhaskar Kadam identified the AK-47 rifle that was used by Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist, on November 26, 2008.
Kadam had seen Kasab firing from a AK-47 rifle at Assistant Sub-Inspector Tukaram Omble, who fell to the bullets. He also identified two pistols, made from a company named Nedi Frontier Arms based in Pakistan.
Besides, Kadam also identified Abu Ismail’s clothes. Ismail was with Kasab on the day of the terror attack.
Earlier, the court had charged Kasab with waging war against India.
Eighty-six charges, including common and individual were framed against Kasab by the special court. He was also charged under the Explosives Act and the Arms Act.
Kasab pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against him by the special court.
“I do not accept the charges,” he said.
Charges were also framed against him under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the Custom Act, the Foreigners Act, the Prevention of Damage to Public Properties Act, conspiracy, murder, attempt to murder and causing grievous injury. (ANI)
- Second witness testifies against Kasab - May 12, 2009
- Witness identifies AK-47 rifle used by Kasab - May 11, 2009
- Kasab said he was 21: fourth witness - May 13, 2009
- First witness to Mumbai attacks identifies Kasab - May 08, 2009
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Father's courage paid off, says braveheart Omble's daughter (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- First witness deposes in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case - May 08, 2009
- He caught Kasab - only to go away forever, says family (One Year After 26/11) - Nov 21, 2009
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- We'll be there, say 26/11 heroes still on duty - Nov 23, 2010
- Judge orders Kasab to behave in court - May 11, 2009
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Ex-cop gets bail in Rajasthan staged shootout - Aug 25, 2011
- 'Perverse' 26/11 attacker Kasab's death penalty upheld for attacking Indian state (Intro Roundup) - Feb 21, 2011
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: ajmal, ak 47 rifle, amir, bullets, conspiracy, custom act, eighty six, explosives act, eyewitnesses, foreigners, hemant, ismail, mohammed, murder attempt, prevention act, prosecution, sanjay, terror attack, two pistols, witness