Two more bodies spotted at IOC site, fire still ragesNovember 1st, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Nov 1(ANI): Two more bodies were spotted at the burning Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) fuel depot in Jaipur today, pushing the toll to ten.
“The unidentified charred bodies were noticed in the wee hours of the day near one of the blazing tanks, but was not possible to reach there because of the heat,” said Inspector General of Police, B.L.Soni.
“The fire spread to the roof of the building of a private electronic and instrument company ‘Genus Overseas Ltd’, 200 meters from the IOC complex wall at about 0700 hours”, said Chief Fire Officer, Ishwar Lal Jat.
“Firemen present there could extinguish the flames within two hours,” added Jat.
So far, nearly five lakh residents in the radius of five-kilometer area around the fire spot have been moved to safer locations after it was declared “danger zone”.
Among those who were evacuated were all the patients, doctors and staff of a government hospital and engineering and medical students of 10 hostels.
According to IOC sources, a total loss of 300 crores has been estimated.
The IOC also said that it would take al least 15-18 months to rebuild the facility in Jaipur.
Earlier Petroleum Minister, Murli Deora had ordered a probe to ascertain the cause of fire. (ANI)
- Three out of 11 oil tanks still ablaze at IOC depot in Jaipur - Nov 01, 2009
- Jaipur fire: FIR lodged against IOC officials for negligence - Nov 03, 2009
- IOC fire still raging, death toll reaches 11 - Oct 31, 2009
- Jaipur inferno enters fifth day, two more blasts at sight - Nov 02, 2009
- IOC fire continues raging in Jaipur, death toll reaches 11 - Oct 31, 2009
- Jaipur fire: Blaze in five of 11 tanks die down - Oct 31, 2009
- Jaipur oil depot fire rages on, toll 10 (Lead) - Nov 01, 2009
- Indian Oil depot fire continues, toll 11 - Nov 02, 2009
- Jaipur fire: Union Petroleum Ministry Committee begins probe - Nov 02, 2009
- Life getting back on track as IOC fire abates - Nov 05, 2009
- Tyre warehouse in Haryana gutted in fire - Jun 30, 2012
- Indian Oil depot fire still on, death toll 10 - Nov 01, 2009
- Navi Mumbai Indian Oil depot fire under control - Jan 18, 2011
- 11 dead as oil depot still burns, probe begins (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- Jaipur Indian Oil depot blaze continues to rage - Oct 31, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,