Two militants nabbed with Pakistan SIM cards in PoonchJune 8th, 2009 - 2:03 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch, (J-K) June 8 (ANI): Two suspected militants with Pakistan SIM cards in their possession were arrested in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
Police said the arrested militants belonged to militant outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba.”One militant is Khursheed, who was working for Lashkar-e-Taiba militant outfit for the last six-seven years and second, Mohammad Tahib, was recently inducted. There are other people also and we believe that we would be able to bust the remaining network,” said Jaan Mohammad, Station House Officer of Gursai police station.
One of the accused said that he was forced to work for the militant outfit as his life was under a threat.
“This year also after militants threatened over phone to kill me, I couriered the money. Now also they are threatening to kill me,” said Khursheed Ahmed.
Officials said that militants operating in the region smuggled SIM cards of Pakistan’s mobile phone service providers mainly to contact their mentors.
“This is the reason militants are getting SIM cards smuggled from across the border of Pakistan mobile companies. They are using them to contact across the border and between themselves,” said Javed Iqbal Mir, deputy superintendent of police, operations, Poonch district.
Security forces also seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition including one AK-56 rifle with magazines from Balakote area of Mendhar sector. (ANI)
- Lashkar module busted in Poonch - May 20, 2012
- Three border villagers arrested with Pak SIMs - Sep 12, 2012
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- Two GNLA linkmen held in Meghalaya - Jul 20, 2012
- Two families claim kinship to slain mentally deranged youth - Aug 13, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- Lashkar plans 'big strikes' in Kashmir, rest of India: Abu Jundal - Jul 13, 2012
- Top LeT terrorist held in Kashmir - Jul 17, 2010
- Pakistani intruder held in Punjab - Jul 19, 2011
- Jaish commander killed in Jammu - Jan 18, 2010
- Indian security forces kill three militants in Kashmir - Mar 13, 2011
- Spain takes down ring that forged documents for terrorists (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Manipur ultra nabbed in West Bengal - Jun 12, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled near India-Pakistan border - Jan 09, 2010
Tags: ammunition, deputy superintendent, house officer, jaan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lashkar e taiba, mentors, militants, mobile companies, mobile phone service, mobile phone service providers, mohammad, pakistan mobile, phone service providers, police operations, police station, security forces, sim cards, station house