Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfightMarch 24th, 2010 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 24 (IANS) Two separatist guerrillas were killed Wednesday when the army foiled an infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kupwara district, an official said.
Alert army troops spotted a group of intruders in Keran sector near the Line of Control (LoC), 140 km from here. The infiltrators were challenged to surrender when they started firing, army spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel J.S. Brar told IANS.
“Two terrorists were killed in this gunfight. Searches are still on in the area,” he said.
The LoC divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
- Infiltration bid foiled in Kashmir; soldier, guerrilla killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Four infiltration bids foiled in eight days in Kashmir - Aug 06, 2011
- Artillery exchanges between India and Pakistan on LoC - Sep 01, 2011
- Army foils infiltration bid, two intruders killed - May 26, 2010
- Four infiltrators killed on LoC - Oct 01, 2011
- Two intruders killed as army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Apr 04, 2010
- Three terrorists killed, gunfight on in Kashmir - Oct 23, 2010
- Army kills two terrorists in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Infiltration bid foiled, four militants killed - Jul 03, 2010
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Soldier killed while foiling infiltration bid - Aug 09, 2012
- Troops gun down guerrilla in Kashmir forest - Sep 02, 2011
- Five soldiers buried in Kashmir avalanche - Jan 24, 2012
- Another militant killed in Kashmir's Gurez sector - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: army spokesperson, army troops, brar, gunfight, india and pakistan, infiltration, infiltrators, intruders, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kupwara district, lieutenant colonel, loc, militants, separatist guerrillas, terrorists